“Comfy and inexpensive”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
New Hampshire
“Comfy and inexpensive”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We only stayed one night, but I'd stay here again. The staff was friendly and competent, the breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable for an inexpensive hotel, the chairs comfy to curl up in and read. There wasn't much counter space in the bathroom, and I thought it very strange that although there was a vent in the ceiling over the tub, there was no ventilation fan, so after a nice hot shower everything in the bathroom was wet.

• Stayed May 2010
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests. We hope you return in the future and we look forward to accommodating you again. Thank you again and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 30, 2010

This hotel is well managed. It is extremely clean, the breakfast is excellent, and the staff are very nice and helpful. What a great hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us! Thanks you for your wonderful review - it was a pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again soon!
Oceanside, California
Reviewed March 5, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed here. At $60 per night (Senior or AAA rate) it can't be beat. The rooms are as clean as a whistle and spacious, the beds comfy, and the staff very pleasant. It is handy to the freeway and offers a breakfast in the morning (I never went to it as it was too early for me), free USA Today papers, a large tv, free parking and is just plain comfortable. I almost feel like it is my second home here. I moved into a Doubletree for the last few nights of my stay at a special rate of $85 per night and - other than their wonderful, wonderful beds & bed linens - actually enjoyed the Quality Inn just as much. Plus the $25 extra per night I saved by staying here for the week enabled us to go to some great restaurants instead!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Watertown, MA
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We were in town visiting family the other weekend and stayed at the Quality Inn. The price was right ($66) and since we were headed to St. Albans and not hanging out in Burlington, the location was fine. The room was what you would expect for this level of hotel. The bathroom was very cramped, to the point that it was almost hard to shut the door. There was no shelf in our bathroom to put your toiletries so it was a little difficult to get ready/organized. The bed was fine, nothing extravagant but we got a solid night's sleep, no excess noise or anything. The usual Choice Hotels complimentary breakfast was offered with free Wifi. The staff was very courteous. We will stay there again when up visiting family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, NH
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The hotel was clean and in an easy to access place with food including quick fast food available. They also had a nice lobby with fireplace and vending. That is where the positives end. Our room's heater would NOT shut off. We turned it off and turned it down and nothing worked. By morning, we were sleeping with the window open as far as it would go(and it was -5 outside), were stripped naked with no blankets and we were STILL sweating our butts off. No lie, it had to be 800 degrees in there(or at least 100 in real life) and no one came up to do anything about it AT ALL. Then in the morning, we went down to the breakfast which looked like a nice spread, but the eggs were rubberized plastic, the bread was a hard as a rock and the milks we took out of the "fridge" was cottage cheese(LITERALLY CHUNKY) so I doubt that it was refridgerated at all, even though it was in a "fridge". When I complained to the front desk, I was assured I would get a call because at 11am, the manager still wasn't in...nice schedule. I ended up calling back myself around 5pm and the snotty "assistant manager who is the next in line after the general manager and the only one I could speak with" told me she didn't have any control over the in date milk that was chunky....and that for the heater malfunction and their lack of response, she would offer me a certificate good for 20% off the RACK RATE on our next visit. RIGHT! Who books ANYTHING at the RACK RATE through the hotel anymore?? I would do better to just use AAA rate...so I told her that wasn't going to do it for me and she said she couldn't refund me because I booked through hotelclub and "no money went to the hotel"! I told her I wanted to speak to the REAL manager and she told me she didn't know WHEN she would be able to get in touch with him as he "had a life" and wouldn't be able to get back to me soon. So I left my number and told her I would expect to hear back soon and it's been over a week and no call back-shocker. I even called and left a voicemail on the "executive line" to no avail(I am sure she intercepted it herself) so my next call will be to Quality Inn Corporate. My advice? Stay away, the room was ridiculous and the staff is horrible, pay a couple bucks more and stay at a REAL hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our valued guests. We are sorry for an inconvenience you may have had while staying with us. Since your stay we have had some renovations done. We are also under new management and have a new team of staff. We hope that you give us a second chance in the future!

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This was my third stay at this hotel, but first since it has become a Quality Inn. The bedrooms are spacious and perfectly adequate for what we required. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was reasonably clean.

Free internet access on the ground floor next to the breakfast area is very useful. There are a few comfortable seats in the communal area where you can relax. Complimentary hot drinks are available in the lobby throughout the day.

The breakfast area has been extended since I was last here. This is a big improvement but there were still often people waiting for tables to become free so they could eat. The food selection is good and plentiful. They are regularly replenishing items as needed.

Attention to customer service needs to be improved as early one morning my husband and I were stuck in the lift when it broke down, Being stuck in the lift gave us both quite a shock but the staff we spoke to didn't seem to care less. When we eventually got out of the lift no one apologised to us for the inconvenience. A little sympathy and a word of apology would have been appreciated.

Juniors Restaurant just across the street is good for an evening meal.

I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Thanks for posting a review. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest leave happy and satisfied. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hot continental breakfast and business center. Seeing that you stayed with us a couple years ago, we have done some renovations, as well as staffed a new team. We are very sorry to hear about you getting stuck on the elevator and nobody showing you any empathy or apologizing. We are apologizing on behalf of there negligence to provide any customer service. We do look forward to accommodating you again. Thank you for choosing our hotel! Have a great day!
California
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Would like to give 0 stars but thats not an option. Here's my review in quick points:

- Rude staff - they don't know how to be pleasing or even to smile
- I think the guy running the breakfast area is the son of the owner maybe, and if you go at 6.30am when the breakfast opens, there is absolutely no one to help you, this guy sits inside a room and just pops in and out when he hears some noise or if he hears something has spilled. Puts his hands in his pockets, stands around and is absolutely least interested how your breakfast experience goes.
- This is the main reason why you shouldn't go: they don't really change towels even if you leave them on the floor to be changed, when you come back in the evening after sightseeing, the same towel is folded and hung on the rod, and they spray some fragrance to make it look clean, but I found out they don't replace towels 'cuz I doubted they would do this and marked the towel at a corner and found the same towel in the room that evening.
- How did I doubt they don't change towels, you ask? Me and my wife started to itch real bad when we slipped ourselves under the sheets and we started to feel, they are the same sheets that the previous guest used and they weren't washed.

Stay away, they just care more about saving money and don't stay at this hotel if you don't want to get rashes.
Breakfast was good though, except for the guy maning the place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
The staff at Quality Inn Colchester would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences your stay with us may have caused. It concerns us that you were unsatisfied with your stay, and we assure you that the proper corrective actions have been taken, specifically in the breakfast room and housekeeping. Seeing that you stayed with us a couple years ago, we are now under new management. We do hope in the future you give us another chance to better serve you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!