“Good hotel, good location”

Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Laval, Canada
“Good hotel, good location”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn Colchester. The personal was friendly and helpful. We had a beautiful room, nice furniture and very comfortable mattresses. The breakfast was good. Only a few minutes from Burlington and close to Costco. We were on the third floor and appreciated the elevator. We would reccommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: On the third floor we can open the window and don't need a/c
Green Features: We only slept one night and did not notice, but as they are they are certified Green, I suppose they care about enviromnent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn Colchester.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Warmest Regards, Julie LaCroix General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Belchertown, MA
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed in a non smoking king room. We had a small fridge. Bed was ok. 4 Soft pillows. The only problem we had was the sheet came off the corners during the night. I got up to remake the bed in the middle of the night. I did like the shampoo and soap and conditioner on the wall dispenser. Staff was nice to us. We got nice recommendations for things to do in the area. Continental breakfast was ok. There were waffles to make, juices, coffees, hard boiled eggs, fresh cooked eggs, bacon or sausage, bagels, yogurts and assorted breads.My only complaint about breakfast was a different choices for yogurts. I have an allergy to strawberry and that was the only kind there. Also, maybe a banana or two for the fruit.

Room Tip: King sized non smoking was a good choice for us
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your stay and for posting a review. We appreciate the recommendations and are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Colchester/Burlington area. Warmest Hospitality, Julie LaCroix - General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2014

92nd Choice Property stayed in 2014; Did pass my barefoot rule (willing to walk on carpet in bare feet ). Front desk staff courteous, 3rd floor room has interior corridor, breakfast typical Quality Inn, bed comfortable, pillows new. Management needs to lighten up; As a Diamond Elite member I stay in Choice Hotels from East to West, North to South, this 2 star property jacks up price to a 5 star hotel. If you are going to charge inflated price then provide better customer service. I travel on business so my plans change from time to time. This hotel treats frequent business customers like tourist who may stay in Choice Hotels once or twice. Management’s unwillingness to accommodate possible cancelation in less than 24 hours is totally representative of small time thinking and customer service.
Business people stay at other hotels in the area and let the tourist stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Charlie H
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided in regards to our cancellation policies to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Colchester. The hotels amenities are a great asset for all the guest to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great summer and safe travels.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our last stay (July 2014) left my girlfriend and I with a terrible case of bed bug attack. Overnight stay at the hospital the day after our return home. The hotel refused to refund the night. I'm afraid this establishment will be on our black list from now on.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 310, bed bugs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank marcoue
We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your visit. We do advise at any time during your stay, if you are not satisfied with our accommodations or service, to please let us know without delay. It is our goal to always provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a reasonable value. Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. We are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Jamul, California
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel has a manager named Julie. She needs a new job!! One that works with animals or something. She is rude, mean, and nasty human being!!! After talking with the staff, apparently I should not taken it personally because she treat everyone badly!! Amazing!! The hotel gave me the creeps. I was a female along coming from San Diego. It was dirty and when I first arrived, the toilet overflowed, the handle on the front door was broken and my phone in the room didn't work. Their were a bunch of drunk men outside my room, there was fighting next door to me and this was every single night! I will never ever stay at a Quality Inn and intend to tell everyone I know not to stay at a Quality Inn and also tell them to tell everyone they etc..... It is now where close to Quality!! You will find this out immediately upon meeting JULIE!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel ever!!!
Green Features: There wasn't any friendly anything at this hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Karen K
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Have a nice day!
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel is very overpriced for average everything.....the pool was clean and warm as advertised..we were also allowed to use the hotel BBQ in the back parking lot which was practical and economical for our group.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Please accept our apologies for those details that you noted in your review. Thank you so much for your feedback as it is truly helpful to know where we are falling short with regards to our guest expectations. We are delighted to hear that you and the group were able to enjoy the outdoor amenities. Have a great day! Warm Regards, Julie LaCroix General Manager
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is average at best. The girl who checked me in was very pleasant but that was the highlight of the visit. There was a fridge but no microwave. The breakfast was not great and they didn't clean the tables off too often. I had a air conditioner that made such bad noises in the middle (12:30 AM) of the night that I had to shut it off and open the window the few inches it opened. When I told the desk in the morning they acted like I was bothering them and was offered nothing for getting no sleep. When I got home I saw a charge on my credit card for $3.16. I called to ask what that was for and she said for the safe! I said I did not use the safe and do not plan on paying for something I didn't use. I stay at much better hotels and never paid for this. They did take the charge off but I would not stay here again

Room Tip: Stay up high as the area around this place was loaded with people smoking
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Please accept our apologies for those details that you noted in your review. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with all of the staff. Thank you so much for your feedback as it is truly helpful to know where we are falling short with regards to our guest expectations. Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!