“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We really had a good time and enjoyed our stay. Microwave and refrigerators in rooms would be appreciated and very useful. However, overall the hotel was very good and in a very convenient location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear that your stay was really enjoyable. We also loved to hear that you would reccommend us to your friends and family. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Pictou, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and it was a great value. A few days later I checked my bank statement and noticed the hotel charged me again. When I inquired they informed me that I was undercharged by Hotwire so they used the credit card I gave them for damage deposit to charge an additional fee. Staff didn't seem to think this was wrong and acted as if I were crazy for even inquiring. If you want to give your credit card to a hotel which may decide to do some online shopping with it later, Quality Inn Colchester is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the ones at a different hotel.
Green Features: I don't think there were any. They were not made a focus
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Slaunee11
QualityInnbtv, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. Thank you and have a great day!

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Was given a special rate from this property! We needed 1 more night and asked the front desk if we could keep the rate the same for 1 more night. They told us no problem and we were all set. When we checked out with a different clerk we saw the higher rate and we were told that we would have to speak to the Manager. Asked if we could and were told not in yet! I have called 4 times and always been told that the Mrg. would call me back. I have given my cell # and work #. Nothing has been done. We checked out on June 23rd. The rate that we were charged was three times the special rate. When we asked for the reason for the higher rate they wouldn't say. With a person who's has a family member in the ICU at the Medical center, this was not needed for the family who's has been thru a lot.

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Scott C
We were very disappointed to read that your overall experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional service and accommodations. We are very sorry that our efforts fell short with your stay. We do encourage our guest to let us know of any issues, so that we can take care of it in the appropriate manner. Once again, we apologize for the imperfections you experienced during your. Thank you for your review.
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I arrived early and my room was not ready. I waited patienty for an hour as many people checked in. I sat in the lobby so I could be seen. Staff changed so I went and asked if my room was ready and it was, but no one informed me that it was ready. I went out at 4:00 pm and there was a work crew, with many trucks, in the parking lot drinking. I returned at 9:00 and they were really, really drunk and using loud bad language. I was uncomfortable going to my room, but felt if I notified the desk the crew would know it was me, and as a woman traveling alone I did not want to put myself in a situation were they would be mad at me and maybe do something. I told the desk the next morning and the situation was corrected the other nights i was there. However, it is alarming that people could drink in the parking lot for 5 hours and staff not be aware of it.

Room Tip: Rooms open up to outside, not a good choice for women traveling alone. I was not aware of this when...
Green Features: I thought the hotel was very 'green' and concerned with the environment
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank buttsie10
QualityInnbtv, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We were very disappointed to read that your overall experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional service and accommodations. We are very sorry that our efforts fell short with your stay. We do encourage our guest to let us know of any issues, so that we can take care of it in the appropriate manner. Once again, we apologize for any problems you might have had. And we do hope that you do try us again. Thank you for your review.
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room was clean. The staff was hospitable and friendly. The continental breakfast was very good - both hot & hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, several breads to choose from. It was a very busy weekend and the staff continually kept the food trays filled.

Room Tip: Ask in advance. They will attempt to help you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review - it was our pleasure to serve you. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Outside of the room not being ready at check in and I had to request towels as only one was originally provided. The room and service was fine. Breakfast was well replenished. The pool needs a paint job. At $185 per night I would expect more however location was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your input about our hotel and apologize for the imperfections of your stay. I can assure you that I have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Department. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. It was very expensive because of a festival in town, but still less than other hotels in the area. The people working there were very pleasant and did not bother us. The hot breakfast was very good, eggs and bacon included! I also enjoyed that breakfast went until 11, and check out wasn't until 12.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emerald R
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel and for your mention of our guest service staff at our front desk. We really appreciate your review and thank you again for posting your positive experience on Trip Advisor. Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!