“Taxi service brought the rates down” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington

Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Potsdam, New York
“Taxi service brought the rates down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Quality Inn. It was clean and accomodating. The continental breakfast was fine. Our biggest drawback was the park and fly claim. The price was decent, but the taxi service that we called for the night before was 25 minutes late getting there. Thank goodness we planned on extra travel time(by transport to airport), but we were very upset that we had to wait 25 minutes for the taxi to arrive. It brought down our rating on staying there to park and fly.

Room Tip: Make other arrangements to get to airport.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guest. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We would like to apologize on behalf of the cab service running late. Thank you again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
peabody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I always stay here on my business trips. A very good value for your money. Convient location right off Rt 89. Resturants right next to Hotel, gas stations close. very close to waterfront, downtown Burlington, Church Street. Clean rooms, hot free breakfast.

Room Tip: You can choose outside corridor rooms or inside, I prefer inside, pool view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback. We are always pleased to hear that our guest leave happy and satisfied with our service.. It is our goal to always provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a reasonable value. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day!
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

April and Sophia at the desk were great. Not so for the manager-- she's really in the wrong line of work. I'll let it go at that. To get to the second floor rooms is confusing and can be a bit dangerous. The room was small, the bath tiny, no closet, etc. We were with a group so I had the opportunity to observe several maintenance issues. Torn curtains, missing duct vents, and so forth. The breakfast was typical and ok. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: In the winter, third floor is a must.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our valued guests. We are sorry for an inconvenience you may have had while staying with us. We have discussed this with our maintenance department and it is being addressed. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Waltham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

When I arrived at the hotel, the first thing that I noticed was that the parking lot had not been plowed after the latest snow storm (the day before). There were a couple of slushy inches of snow on the ground which made walking to the cleared pathways a bit tricky.

Check in is scheduled for 3PM. I arrived around 3:15 and attempted to check in. I was told that my room would not be ready for another half hour. When I finally did get into my room (231) and settled in, I tried to get onto the free wifi. The connection was so slow that it took awhile for google to load, let alone facebook or my email. There were multiple wifi networks to try to connect to, and I experienced the same slow speed for each one. Additionally, the connection was fairly unstable as well.

The bed was comfortable enough, however once the sun set, even with the blinds closed the light outside the door streamed into the room. The curtains were not great at keeping the place dark for sleeping. I did use the fridge and microwave in the room and had no complaints.

The biggest issue I had was when the room above me apparently "overflowed" their tub. Around 10 at night, I heard a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. I went in to check on it, turned on the bathroom light and saw water building in the light fixture. I immediately turned off the light and called the front desk to tell them. The woman at the desk was kind, told me that she would call maintenance to look into it and call me back. 15 minutes later, I was told the people above me flooded the bathtub. I told the front desk woman the extent to which the water was coming down (picture included in this review) and was told their was nothing more she could do about it. I asked to switch rooms and was told the hotel was booked and there were no rooms available. I told the woman that it was a safety issue with the room and asked to speak with the manager. I was told the manager wasn't there. I insisted that the manager call me and the front desk woman agreed to have her call me. Another 20 minutes later (we're still streaming water at this point) and the front desk clerk informed me that the "manager was at home and unavailable to talk with me". As far as customer service goes, this was a joke. The front desk woman told me that "the manager will be in around 7:30 - 8:00 tomorrow morning" and that was it.

When I went to check out, the manager was there and I informed her of the difficulties, she apologized and said there was nothing they could do about it. I showed her the picture of the light fixture and she sort of just shrugged her shoulders. I was offered a discounted rate for the next night, but I chose to leave instead. This was not a "Quality" inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank smcvt2003
Thank you taking the time to post a review. We would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences that you experienced while staying at our property. We are terribly sorry that we did not have a different room to move you to due to the leaking tub above your unit. Our hotel was completely sold out. Regarding the parking lot, we unfortunately can not ask all the guest to move their vehicles to have our plow company efficiently remove all the snow. Once again we do apologize for not meeting your expectations. We do hope in the future you give us another try.
Northern NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

To start with the check in staff were great so no complaints there. From there, room was small, slow internet, too warm and stuffy, no control of cooling room off, light shined in from spotlights all night, smoke alarm beeped repeatedly, room was not clean, bed was uncomfortable, bathroom so small you had to step out to change your mind, shall I go on? Parking lot was not plowed from snow the day before arrival, had to wade through six inches of snow from car, requested third floor room but was given second floor. Other than that it was just freaking great!!

Room Tip: Insist on third floor or keep looking elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconveniences because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you again for posting a review.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

At 11:00 at night I walked into a smokey lobby to check in. There was no parking to be had & the surly desk clerk suggested that we park next door at a restaurant. The rooms are acessed by an outdoor walkway. The soap is in a dispenser on the shower wall. I feel like I booked a room at the Y. I'm farly certain that the pictures I saw on line were taken somewhere else. Not feeling it at all. :-(

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We were very disappointed to read that your overall experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional service and accommodations. We would like to apologize that our lobby may have been smokey when you arrived. A group of guest had celebrated their child's birthday and blowing out the candles caused a smokey smell. We are also sorry that parking was an issue for you. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us another try in the future. Seeing that our bottom level was not to your satisfaction, we highly recommend you stay on our third floor, which is the interior corridor . Thank you again for the review.
Peoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were treated exceptionally well. Rooms and hotel are clean and comfortable. Staff was courteous and friendly. Location is close to shopping and dining. Excellent Italian restaurant is across the street. Easy on and off the highway.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience with our hotel and we truly appreciate that you provided a honest warm opinion. Our aim is to provide all of our guest with a unique stay and excellent customer service. Thank you again. Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,413 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!