“Second stay at this Property”

Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Houston, Texas
“Second stay at this Property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Slightly above average for Quality Inns.
One nice surprise was the hot breakfast every day which included eggs, bacon & french toast.
Some people don't like the external corridors, but I like the loading/unloading convenience.
Room doesn't approach the Comfort suites layout, but is big enough for 2.
Bottom Line -- good value for the money

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor, if prefer interior corridors
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback. It is our goal to always provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a reasonable value. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband, daughter and I just got back from a weekend in Burlington. We stayed at the Quality Inn Colchester. I had stayed there a few weeks ago for a girls shop till ya drop weekend and was so impressed I booked again. The hotel is very reasonable in price (at least it was when I booked both times). It is very clean and the beds/pillows are very comfy. My husband is usually not a fan of continental breakfast at hotels but he was impressed by this one. They have a waffle maker, french toast, egg, pastries, cereal, fruit. Gloria in the kitchen area was such a hard worker. She was cleaning each chair one by one and was quick to restock any food items that were missing. Also Tim at the front counter was very pleasant. I would suggest this hotel and we will definitely be going back in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was great. Can
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review. We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience with our hotel and we truly appreciate that you provided a honest warm opinion. Our aim is to provide all of our guest with a unique stay and excellent customer service. We are also pleased to hear that your husband enjoyed our continental breakfast. We are glad that we have met your expectations and I will be sure to pass along the good news to the rest of the team. Thank you again and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had an inconvenience occur on my previous stay whereby I was offered a 25% discount on my next stay (letter from GM). When I made the reservation, my confirmation indicated that I was not eligible for reward points. I questioned why but basically was told "you are not eligible", period. I asked again, again, no. As I needed one more stay to get the Choice Privilege offer, I cancelled the res and made another on line where I got my reward. Today, I get a message from the hotel offering me a 25% discount (fall/winter stay). I looked at various dates, yet always came up "no rooms available with this offer".
I have no complaints regarding the hotel, but cannot understand how management can put restrictions on their offers??
May I also add that the hotel was virtually empty. The night we stayed there, I was told by an agent, that they had 3 check-ins that night.
This incident leaves a bad taste, and, in future, will look elsewhere if this is the way they wish to treat customers. To add, the hotel asked that I write a report on TripAdvisor.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Your comments and concerns are deeply appreciated.. We apologize that your 25% off coupon was not eligible for reward points. As many stores and businesses offer discounted rates and coupons, there is the chance that you will not be able to use one or more coupons at once and or be eligible for reward points. We are in the slow season as many hotels are, and we do not want this leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We apologize that there may be black out dates for the 25% (fall/winter) stay coupon you received. We do truly value your business and hope that you continue to stay with us at The Quality Inn..
Quebec, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Check-in went smooth, friendly staff. The elevator need the room key to use it... crap! When I got into it, it was chilly in there, probably due to the fact that it is just beside the main door. I ordered a pizza and had to come downstairs in the lobby to get it!

Room cleanliness was poor, lots of hair in the bathroom and on the towels. The faucet was dirty from past guests.

Heating is hard to control.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review.. I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconveniences you had while staying with us. For security purposes, our elevator is only accessible with your room key. We do not allow anybody that is not staying in the hotel to access the floors We do advise at any time of your stay; if you are not satisfied with our accommodations or service, to please let us know without delay so we can make it right or change your accommodations if other rooms are available. I will pass along this feedback to housekeeping and maintenance. Once again, we apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. We do hope that you give us a second chance. Have a great day!

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent value for price will book again when we are in the Burlington area, bed was so comfortable had a great night's rest. Don't expect a large room but was perfect for our stay and price value, continental breakfast was great too!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful review. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guest leave happy and satisfied. We are pleased to hear that you had a good night sleep and also enjoyed our hot continental breakfast. We do look forward to accommodating you again. Thank you for choosing our hotel! Have a great day!
Brattleboro, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good breakfast and good service. Coffee and cookies are always available. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful. The hotel is near UVM. Juniors Restaurant nearby is very good. We would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: First floor in the back is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us! Thanks you for your wonderful review - it was a pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again soon!
Orleans, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our first night in this hotel was great...but the second night was terrible. Around 1 in the morning we both woke up sweating and our room must have been in the 90s. I do have to let u no that it is November and it is about 25 degrees outside. We had the room temperature set to cool. And we went over to the heater/ac and it was blowing out hot air extremely hot air. We called the front desk 3 times they ended up coming to the room and turned it off and it was still blowing hot air. So they told us to prop the door open and that they couldn't do anything. Neither of us got any sleep that night it was terrible. I told the manager in the morning that we had a terrible night and she told us she couldn't do anything because we prepaided for the room. It was ridiculous. I do not recommend anyone to go to this hotel they are not only rude and unhelpful but the rooms are terrible and very small.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Travis Stella G
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay at our establishment.. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the heating conditions of your room. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department and we have taken further steps to ensure that this has been resolved. We are sorry for any other inconveniences you may have had while staying with us. Thank you again for taking your time to express this valuable feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,448 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#7 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!