“Would like to stay but due to stupid rule cannot”

Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
New Hampshire
“Would like to stay but due to stupid rule cannot”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I tried to book a park and fly package at this hotel for April 26. I was given a rate of 99 for a king bed and up to 14 night of free parking. When I attempted to book I was told "on no, I cannot give you that rate without you arriving on a Thursday". I asked what she was talking about and she said that they could not offer park and fly on Friday or Saturday and if I wasnted that rate I would have to arrive Friday. Totally insane!!!! Oh well guess I will need to find another hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Quality Inn Colchester staff would like to send our sincere apologies for such a severe miscommunication. We have several park and fly packages, all in which include up to 14 days of complimentary parking. The price of the package fluctuates in proportion to our availability, making weekdays (Sunday night through Thursday night) slightly less expensive than our weekends (Friday and Saturday night), just like a regular room reservation would fluctuate. The issue was most definitely not that we couldn't offer you a park and fly package, it was simply just a different package that catered more towards your date of reservation. Thank you for taking the time to offer such useful feedback, we do hope that this explanation clears up any inconveniences your experience with us may have caused. We encourage you to book with us next time you're in the area so that we can better serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here several times and have always appreciated the fact that this is a. Inexpensive hotel that doesn't treat us that way. They offer more than they need too. Clean room, lots of amenities, friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast is great and the bed was comfortable. Really, really terrific value!

• Stayed April 2013
Our staff at the Quality Inn Colchester is flattered by such a positive review. We are thrilled to know that our rates consistently meet your satisfaction. It is our top priority to provide our guests, especially returning guests, with clean and comfortable accommodations, plentiful amenities, and the best service possible. We would like to offer a sincere thank you for choosing our hotel, and an invitation to visit us anytime you are in the area!
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have stayed at this Quality Inn several times while visiting family and friends and have always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The beds are comfortable and we enjoy a very nice complimentary breakfast. The convenient location to major highways and the attractions of the surrounding areas is a plus. We will definetly stay at this hotel again, when in the Burlington, VT area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mary p
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Your positive feedback is very much appreciated by the staff here at Quality Inn Colchester. We are thrilled to know that you are consistently pleased with our service, accommodations, breakfast, and highway location. Repeat guests and their satisfaction are among our top priorities, and we strive to make your family visits as hassle-free as possible. Thank you again for choosing our property, and we encourage you call us anytime for your next reservation!
Massena, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great location, easy on and off I-89. Convenient. Have stayed there many times always a good experience. I was a little disappointed with the young lady at check-in, she didn't even recognize me as an Elite member of Choice Privileges even when I handed her my card. That's a first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Foddy46
The Quality Inn Colchester staff would like to send sincere apologies for our lack of recognition towards your Elite Choice Privileges membership. One of our very top priorities is to communicate to our CP members that their business is not just appreciated, but valued. We assure you that this slip will not happen again, as we have added a new addition to our lobby that lists each of our arriving Choice Privileges members by name. It is updated daily to ensure all of our CP members know that they play an important role at our property. Also in regards to your review, we are thrilled to hear that you are consistently satisfied with our location. We would like to thank you again for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide such useful feedback. Please call anytime to book your next reservation!
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice hotel. Pleasant staff made check in a breeze- greatly appreciated after a long 10 hour drive. Comfortable beds,hot showers- what more could I want?.Convenient to St. Michael's College and Burlington. Oh. Did I mention that I woke up to 2 inches of fluffy snow? Walkways cleared...and someone brushed the snow off my car too! It's the little things that make my trips memorable! I'll definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
The staff at Quality Inn Colchester is pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay. We strive to provide the most hassle-free and comfortable accommodations possible, and most of all, go above and beyond the everyday needs of our valued guests. We would like to sincerely thank you for such positive feed back and thank you again for choosing our property. We patiently await your next visit!
connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because our regular hotel was sold out. We arrived around 8 pm and we were checked in by a very pleasant front desk clerk. Unfortunately, when we got to our non-smoking room it reaked of smoke. Also, after washing my hands, the sink immediately filled up with water and wasn't draining properly. My husband went to the front desk and was informed that all the air freshners were handed out, however she did give him a bottle of Febreeze to spray. He also asked for the sink to be serviced, however we were informed that maintenance was gone for the day and clerk was the only one on duty. My husband accepted the plunger from the desk clerk and attempted to plunge the sink.

We also noticed that the floor wasn't vacuumed properly, so I decided to sleep in my clothes since I didn't trust that the sheets had been changed. We had exterior noise on and off throughout the night, so very little sleeping occurred. Also, the heater would not stay at a consistent temperature. It was either too hot or too cold.

The next morning we woke up to take showers and when we pulled the shower curtain back, there were a bunch of small hairs all over the wall. Needless to say, noone took showers. We just wanted to get our of there as fast as possible.

When I spoke to the manager she informed me repeatedly that "We tried to help you." I wasn't looking for a fight, I just wanted her to acknowlede that clearly this room wasn't cleaned. She offered me a 10% discount, because it was booked on Kayak. I'm not even sure if I received the credit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Quality Inn Colchester would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences your stay with us may have caused. Guest comments, whether negative or positive, are the best way for us to grow and improve. Our staff is now hard at work correcting any issues your stay may have brought to our attention. We thank you again for choosing our property and hope that you will visit us in the future so that we may better serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Colchester hotels

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was very good and the price was surprisingly affordable. The room had everything you might expect, was clean, new condition. breakfast included makes it a very good value.
The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was very pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
The staff at Quality Inn Colchester greatly appreciates such positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our rates, cleanliness, breakfast, and service. We thank you again for choosing our property and hope you will visit us again next time you're in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,450 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#7 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!