“Nice but not 160.00 nice”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I know I am going to pay more when I am in a larger city for a Hampton, but 160.00 for Hampton Inn in Colchester, Vermont was more than I expected. The hotel is going thru a remodel. They had just carpeted my hallways on my floor. The smell of the new carpet and the glue, was strong and unpleasant. If I stayed in the hall a while I probably could have gotten high on the smell of the glue. They hadn't finished putting the carpet molding back in place. If I am paying top dollar for Hampton. i would expect the to not get nauseous walking down the hall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I apologize about the state of our hallways during your visit. It was difficult to isolate our guests from the renovations going on, however we tried to keep the impact to a minimum. I am sorry your experience was unpleasant. Please contact me directly if you choose to visit with us again and we will work to make your next stay a better experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hampton Inn is a great place to stay for a getaway. Close to everything you need. The pool is clean and refreshing. The breakfast is more than just the usual muffins and coffee. If you don't feel like driving the couple of miles to Burlington to eat, there is a restaurant on site. Didn't eat there but overheard people talking about it and they said it was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience and appreciate the positive feedback. You are correct that the restaurant on site is excellent and I hope you have an opportunity to try it should you visit with us again. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff tried hard to give us better rooms, but with the hotel under renovation and apparent water damage (with must smells emanating from the air vents) they were limited. I am sad to say I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I have never said this of a Hilton hotel and have been a loyal customer over the years. Lobby was clean and current, but the rooms were lacking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate the comments and I am sorry the rooms were an issue for you. We are undergoing renovations in our hallways and plan to move to the rooms very soon. I hope you will reconsider and try us again after our renovations are complete. We value you as a HHonors guest and would like to win back your loyalty. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as part of a coach tour and it was great. Good central location for the surrounding area. The staff were friendly and helpful especially when I mislaid my eternity ring. This was found and immediately returned to me in the UK. Great service! The Lighthouse restaurant next door was a perfect venue for dining. Lovely waitress, Mia was so busy but still had time to have a chat. Food was very good too! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for the great review of your visit with us. I appreciate the comments about the staff and am glad we were able to locate your jewelry to return to you. I hope you will be able to visit us again the next time you are in the states. We love seeing all of the world travelers we get during our beautiful Foliage season. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had an awful experience at this hotel- I would say that NO ONE in there right mind should attend this hotel. Other than the lovely young lady and boy at the front desk the staff is super disrespectful and rude that I encountered. It's completely ridiculous to be treated so poorly when you are paying to stay- they also did not notify us there was a LARGE wedding/party on the first floor that went on all night that was to loud I could not sleep. WILL NEVER GO BACK!

• Stayed: October 2013
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and I am truly sorry for what you experienced at our hotel. We did have a large wedding in this weekend and I am sorry your stay was impacted by the noise. While I understand the noise was very distressing to you, I am far more concerned at the comments you made regarding the staff. What you describe is not acceptable or typical and I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly to give me more feedback on your experience. I do hope the front desk staff you had a positive experience with addressed your concerns. We value you as a Hampton Inn guest and would like the opportunity to change your mind about our hotel. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a coach tour. Nice hotel, room clean and comfortable, only downside was the fridge which kept turning on and off all night and kept waking us up - it was impossible to turn it off as there was a large cupboard in front of it! Pillows were horrid too, much too "soggy" to be comfortable and also the towels in the bathroom were very thin and well used. The best part was the adjoining restaurant, The Lighthouse, it is a lovely place, soft lighting with a great atmosphere and our waitress was extremely friendly, informative and welcoming. The food was perfectly cooked and presented, definitely to be recommended. The second night of our stay we decided we didn't want a large meal and, on the advice of the reception staff, ordered in a pizza from a leaflet they gave us - what a disaster this was, it was cold and burnt and the french fries were cremated, not recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize that the fridge in your room was noisy and impacted your rest. I do hope you communicated the issue to the front desk staff as I would want to make sure the issue has been addressed. I appreciate the comments about the comfort and cleanliness of the property and am very pleased you enjoyed our new restaurant. I truly appreciate the feedback and hope you enjoyed your visit to Vermont. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a very clean nice place to stay for an overnight. Professionals and families all stay here. The breakfast was standard and fine. Good location for further driving venues. Will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write about your visit to our hotel. I am very glad you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!