“Hampton Inn, Burlington VA”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is a most pleasant place to stay. Airport shuttle was appreciated after a cross country flight and the staff went out of their way to assist us. Breakfast - great (except for the disposable plates etc.) Other than that, I would unreservedly recommend it and would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

I appreciate these comments about your stay at our hotel. Just to clarify, Hampton requires that we have bio-degradable plates and silverware at our breakfast. While they may look like Styrofoam, they are really made of completely bio-degradable contents. Thanks for the great comments about your stay and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed here three times and will not stay here again. The room lighting is inadequate, the breakfast choices are below par (but the people serving the breakfast are great), our toilet was making a dripping noise every time we stayed there (and we got the same room every time) and the HVAC system was really bad. But the facilities are fine and if they paid more attention to details they could make a big difference. But it was WAY over-priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate that you have brought some issues with your stay to my attention. We recently installed an energy management system and updated digital thermostats in all of our guest rooms. While it is helping to save energy, it also has been difficult to regulate properly for all of our guests. If you did not mention the issue with the toilet in your room to a staff member before you left, please contact me directly so we can address the problem. I do appreciate the comments about the staff and am sorry the issues you experienced with the room you stayed in have tarnished your opinion of the hotel as a whole. You mentioned that you have been given the same room every time you have stayed. This is very unusual, as we have 187 rooms. Please reconsider returning and perhaps trying a different location in the hotel. You may find your experience much improved. I appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Travel here for business quite often. Great hot breakfast, clean rooms, quiet, you can't hear people outside your room like many other hotels. Friendly and helpful staff. After a long day of flying or working, I always get a good nights sleep in the comfy beds!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

It is so nice to hear from a return visitor. Our corporate guests are like family to us as we know we need to be their "home away from home". I appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience with us. Thank you for being a loyal guest as I realize you have many options to choose from in the Burlington area. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a nice Hotel but compared to others I stay in it is very over priced. The desk clerk gave a discount to another guest and I over heard the price and it was much more in line with other places I stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry you found our pricing to be high for what you are used to paying when you travel. We do offer various discounts and it is possible you overheard a rate dedicated to a particular qualification the guest had. I am glad you felt the hotel was nice and I encourage you to check our rates as well as other properties the next time you come to Burlington. We try to be competitive with hotels of similar quality. We find our staff really make the difference and I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

While this Hampton had the same quality and cleanliness, they stood above others because of the pleasantness of their staff. I am a Hilton Diamond member and have never had a better experience! With the sincere pleasant greeting upon my arrival to Joe from Housekeeping - who bent over backwards to retrieve a left behind item.

Even though there are more Hilton brand choices in the area, I will return to this one because they take care of people!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. The quality of the staff do make the difference in a property. Your Diamond statues within Hilton proves you have experienced a great deal of hotel employees. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write about your encounter. It means so much more coming from someone with such elite status. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the past few years. It is a very nice affordable hotel right off of Route 89 outside Burlington, Vt. The rooms are clean and roomy and the lobby/breakfast area is especially warm and inviting with a large center stone fireplace.
We were glad to see that there is some painting, refreshing of the hallways and public areas in progress, as the hotel is beginning to show some signs of wear. Hope the carpeting is next. Breakfast is included if you are in a rush or need a fast cup of coffee, but it's not a replacement for a nice full New England breakfast.
Overall, a very nice property that we will continue to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I appreciate your comments and continued patronage of our hotel. We do have many upgrades planned for the property over the next few months and look forward to hearing feedback on the changes from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Hampton Inns. This last stay was my worst. The hotel is clean and the front wing is quiet but I could not sleep with the AC machinery noise in the back. Other stays I was in the front and had no problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize for the noise that disturbed you during this visit to our hotel. We recently installed a new cooling tower and have been working out some of the issues with the unit. I am very sorry you were inconvenienced. We always try to accommodate guest requests, so if you would like to stay in the front wing in the future mention it when you make your reservation and we will do our best to pre-assign you a favored location. Again my apologies, and thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!