“Would give excellent if it wasn't for smell”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
South Jersey, United States
“Would give excellent if it wasn't for smell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight trip to visit UVM. The place was very clean and the staff and the breakfast were excellent. However, our room had a dirty feet/musty smell that was a little dissatisfying to come back to. Otherwise the room was visually very clean. If it wasn't for the smell, I would recommend the hotel. I might add that we did not ask for another room, so it could've only been this room. Otherwise the hotel was outstanding. Would also have liked queen beds, in lieu of doubles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our Hampton Inn. I appreciate the feedback. I am sorry the room had an odor and that it impacted your stay, as it seems everything else was great. We do plan some renovations over the next few months. I believe if you return this same time next year you will find some major improvements. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Burlington area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I frequently stay in hotels, but not always at Hampton Inns. This was my first time at this Hampton Inn and it will now be my hotel of choice. The staff, across the abroad, were the most helpful and courteous of any hotel I have stayed at. I stayed for four nights Th-Sun. Each morning the breakfast area was a madhouse of guests and the staff never stopped moving to make sure items were always in supply and always with smile. Everyone I encountered from front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance were extremely pleasant. This is a well-run property with happy employees.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
My apologies for the late response on the great review of our hotel! I truly appreciate your comments and feedback and can assure you the review has been shared with our staff. I am glad you chose to stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
Springfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is one of the best Hampton Inns that we have stayed. We have stayed in many from Bangor, Maine to Key West, Florida. The attention to details to the quality of this inn is phenomenal. Everything in this hotel, from the parking lot to the lobby to the breakfast area to the laundry room to our room was absolutely clean. Immaculate.

Breakfasts were generously available in a large area. No staff watched and everyone freely helped themselves. We ate delicious breakfasts every morning. They were replenished quickly when things ran out. Cookies and milk were presented every evening. Complimentary fruits, coffee, tea, and cocoa were available around the clock. The sheer amount of food enhanced the experience.

We extended our stay and used it as a base to pick blue berries, drive to Canadian towns on the border twice from St. Albans, Vermont and New York, drive to Lake Champlain, and attend a county fair. Initially, we planned to check out and sleep over in Canada but changed our minds after we stayed at this wonderful Hampton.

Small human mistakes by Hampton personnel were immediately forgiven mostly because the overall quality was excellent. We were more than happy to overlook the errors. They forgot to clean our room because we checked-out one day and checked-in again at the same room the following day, keys were not updated for the different days, and our WIFI did not work immediately. The only negative part at this Hampton Inn was the man with a beard at the front desk who worked in the evenings. He was slightly impatient and arrogant. He should get a different job because customer service is not his forte. Other than that, the whole experience at Hampton Inn, Colchester was positively superb.

Room Tip: All rooms at Hampton Inns everywhere are generally good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback on your visit to our Hampton Inn, and I apologize for the late response. While you seem to have had a great stay, you noted some issues and I really appreciate the honesty. I have shared your comments with the staff as we strive to give the best service possible. I am happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing youagain the next time you are in the Burlington area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Rochester NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Service is always impeccable at this Hampton. My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice in the past month. The first time because his normal hotel for this business trip was booked. He'll never stay else where when visiting the Burlington/Plattsburgh area. Check in was a breeze, they even stored the make and model of his car from last time he was there. The restaurant right next door makes getting dinner after a busy business day simple. Breakfast is the traditional Hampton menu. Rooms are clean. One of his pet peeves is the newer Inncom thermostats that many hotels have now. They don't allow you to lower the temperature of the room to below 68 in the summer. This hotel has the older models that allow for that. He has sleep apnea and having the room cool is important.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

All the staff were friendly; appreciate the breakfast and newspapers and constant coffee. Our room was very comfortable. It was a very busy vacation week with lots of guests, but all went smoothly. The hotel is very clean and the eating area spacious.

Stowe, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Upon arrival to the Hampton Inn I was happy to have all of my reservation information ready, I was able to leave my car overnight for three days while visiting family in Florida and there is a shuttle service available even for early flights! The room was perfect, a little dated, but that's due to the age of the property. The executive housekeeper Joseph was very pleasant when brining me an extra frying pan when I wanted to cook extra eggs in my nice suite they upgraded me to. All-in-all a wonderful experience I will definitely be staying here again the next time I'm flying out of Burlington!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear when a staff member is mentioned by name! Joe is a great guy and I am glad he was able to make your stay just a little bit better. Our hotel has a great park and fly package and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Burlington area.
St. Thomas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The service I experienced was great. From check in to check out. I enjoyed my room which I hardly stayed in because I was always out shopping in the university mall or downtown Burlington. Colchester is a very nice location not to far from Lake Champlain. The shuttle takes you anywhere once you tell them ahead of time and the Hampton Inn staff are very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast is awesome as well. Take advantage of it. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review of your visit to our Hampton Inn. Our staff are very special and always try to give the best service possible. I appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Burlington area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,257 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,448 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!