“Great Stay just outside of Burlington”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
“Great Stay just outside of Burlington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed here for the Vermont City Marathon. Check in was fast and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn options. The breakfast staff went above and beyond to make me scrambled eggs over the omelet option which I could not eat. As a gold member, I really appreciate that especially when she could have just said "no". My only complaint is it is a bit too pricey for a Hampton and compared to other Hamptons. However, We had a great stay and will return and recommend this location to others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Runnermom3
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! Marathon weekend is always a special time for us and the staff really appreciate the work the athletes put in for the competition. With all of the horrible things that happened in Boston only a few weeks prior, we were especially thankful to those who took part in our event. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Check in was very smooth and Ashley was very pleasant. The lobby is beautiful. Ashley explained that there was parking in back but when we drove around there, it was pretty dark and not really where we felt comfortable leaving a packed car. We parked in front and went to our room. As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with an awful, musty, wet-carpet-that-had-mildewed type of smell. I went back to the front desk and was told that the a/c is on an energy-saving mode and only kicks in when someone is in the room, so the humidity builds up. We were offered another room, which I went to check out before moving. It was on the 4th floor and still smelled bad, plus it had a very outdated bathroom. At least the bathroom on the 3rd floor room had been updated somewhat, so we stayed put. Ashley offered to keep trying different rooms, but it was after 10pm at that point and we were tired. I did however cancel the rest of my reservations and moved to another hotel the next day. The staff was very nice, the breakfast and the beautiful lobby were lovely, but it doesn't make up for the overly soft double bed, dated room decor and musty smell. The 2 rooms I saw are in need of a serious make-over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry you found the rooms to seem musty and it caused you to shorten your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are looking into ways to address the issue you noted. Thank you also for commenting on how Ashley attempted to assist you. We do plan to renovate the rooms in the next year, so I hope you will consider returning again to see the improvements we have in store. Again, my apologies that your stay did not live up to the standards we strive for.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The Hampton delivers again. Value of money $$, Great breakfast, clean rooms, free parking, and relatively quiet. The location is excellent with a grocery store across the street and a private restaurant in the parking lot (The lighthouse $$$$) the only thing that could be done is put some crystal clear in the pool so it wasn't so cloudy. Keep up the good work Hampton staff!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and description of our property. Reviews from satisfied customers are the best advertising we could have. Thank you for choosing Hampton and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Byesville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton and even though there was a convention there, we were taken care of nicely. We had a room near the highway and I figured it would be noisy. It was very quiet. There was no noise from the convention and the staff we very helpful. Breakfast was very good. I recommend this Hampton if you are in the Burlington area!

Room Tip: This is a split level hotel and all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us. So often large groups can have a negative impact on other guests and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay in spite of it. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to your next visit!
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff was so fantastic. They allowed us to check in early without an additional charge. The room was clean. The pool was nice. The hotel was in a great convenient location. The breakfast and cookies at 8pm were a special bonus. The only issue we had during our stay were the groups of soccer players playing on the elevators. If that is my only complaint, I think this hotel is doing great!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
What a great review of our property! So often a large and loud group can ruin the stay of guests that are not affiliated with them. I truly appreciate your understanding and am so happy you had a great stay with us in spite of it all. Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit and I hope you will return again soon!
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nothing special about this Hampton Inn. The room was adequate and what I would expect from a Hampton Inn. No complaints with the sleep quality or the cleanliness of the room. It was in a decent location with easy access to the interstates and to Burlington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn. The Hampton brand has made an attempt to standardize all of the hotels so that our guests know what to expect when they make a reservation. As our hotel was one of the first Hamptons in New England, our layout and rooms are somewhat unique as compared to the newer properties. I am glad you found your stay to be typical of a Hampton and I hope that is why you have returned to the brand when traveling. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon!
Rutland, VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Rooms were clean. Top floor rooms with dormer windows are dark and feel small because of the dormer. They are good for one person though. The location off I-89 in Colchester means for a quiet hotel. But you are two highway exits away from any dining choices, and about 15-20 minutes from downtown Burlington in good traffic. It's a functional hotel but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our Hampton Inn. Our top floor "dormer" rooms can seem small to some guests. We also have several guests who like that they are unique and have a cozy feel. Luckily, we have 187 rooms to choose from so hopefully we can make all of our guests happy. I also wanted to mention that the restaurant we have on-site is excellent and of the caliber you would find of any in downtown Burlington. It makes it easy when our guests are too tired or don't want to drive. I am glad you were happy overall with your stay and hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,446 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!