“Burlington, VT”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Atlanta, Georgia
“Burlington, VT”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Cozy hotel just 10' from downtown Burlington. Service is outstanding plus the free daily breakfast is appreciated. Hotel suites have a nice kitchenette for long stays. There is also a good restaurant just outside the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your visit with us. I appreciate your comments and am very glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope you will return soon! Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with the family. The rooms were comfortable, the service was friendly. Free coffe and cookies at night, free breakfast in the morning. Only a short drive to downtown Burlington. A good value for the money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to write about your visit to our Hampton Inn. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business!
Tewksbury, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here over memorial day weekend when I was running the Vermont City Marathon. Great Hotel clean, breakfast served until 10am, pool, rooms were spacious. Check in was fast I got in late after 11:30 PM my room keys were handed to me immediately. room temperature was comfortable. WIFI was key since I also had business to attend to. I would absolutely stay here again. In fact I am really considering running Vermont again next year and booking my stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
We think the Vermont City Marathon is a great event for Burlington and we love hosting the runners that come to the area to participate. Thank you so much for the great review of your visit to our property. While the weather was not the best, it seems everyone enjoyed the event. I hope you did well and will be back next year. We will hope for a little more sun next time! Thanks again for staying with us!
newington, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staff was friendly right when i walked in the door. The hair dryer stopped working and they brought a replacement up in minutes. The breakfast was simple but good. They have a pool and an updated fitness center.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing Hampton for your travels!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location is convenient. There are numerous trendy restaurants and shops within a ten minute drive. My husband and I arrived on a Thursday evening, found the parking lot rather empty, and checked in with ease. The lobby was nicely decorated and clean. The front desk attendants were not friendly (no greetings or eye contact for that matter). Upon entering our room, we were met with a basement like smell - musty, mildewy. The room was very clean. I believe the smell was due to the age of the hotel, the fact the air conditioning was not on, and it was raining. The smell seemed to dissipate by the time we arrived back from supper. Breakfast was fabulous. The food was well prepared and the buffet tables were clean. Carol - a staff member was incredible. She was friendly, courteous, and attentive. She was definitely the best person I met on staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am surprised at the greeting you received on arrival and apologize that you did not get the treatment we strive to give all of our guests. I am glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay and will be happy to share you comments with Carol. She is a true asset. Thank you for choosing Hampton and I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the Burlington area.
Connecticut
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am compelled to write this review because of the direct contrast to my stay in another Hampton Inn in Cherry Hill NJ. My sister and I spent a night in New Jersey and although the room was lovely, the free breakfast left much to be desired. With that in mind, I was not expecting much from this site but was pleasantly surprised. To start with the front desk staff were personable, friendly and professional. I called to front desk to ask about turning on the mini fridge and they sent the maintenance man down to start it promptly. My room was clean, inviting and the bed was very comfortable and with plenty of pillows( I usually have to call down for extra pillows). The breakfast, included in the room price , was surprisingly good. There were 2 types of fresh fruit daily( kept out all day for anyone who may want a healthy snack) ,english muffins, bagels, danish and 2 large industrial type toasters which minimized wait times. There were juices, coffee, hot cocoa and a nice variety of teas. Oatmeal with toppings to select from too. Each day was a different type of egg(scrambled, cheese omelet, western omelet) each morning and a different breakfast meat daily(bacon, sausage, ham). There were 2 waffle makers as well, again made for quick moving lines when busy. The other nice touch was the nightly freshly made cookies and milk. Jason made aromatic and tasty cookies in 3 varieties and kept making them until everyone out in the lobby had their fill. Thank you Jason!. Another woman, I am not sure of her name but I think possibly Debra(blonde hair) saw that i was looking in the fruit basket upon my entering the lobby one afternoon and went in the back room and brought me 2 bananas , very thoughtful and unexpected. There were plenty of tables and chairs for people to eat breakfast and snacks with newspapers, tv and various local magazines, coupon books etc.I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. We were here for my neice's graduation from Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and found that the location was a fairly close drive to various area attractions, right off highway and would think that this hotel would be great place to bring kids( feed them free!) . There is a small indoor pool and gym on the second floor, both looked clean and plenty of towels available. When my niece moves back to area I will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is actually the main lobby floor because hotel is built on a hill.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the fabulous review of our hotel! People who travel these days turn to sites like TripAdvisor to get real feedback from actual guests. A review like this one is worth a lot to us! I am very excited to share your comments with the staff as they really look forward to hearing our guest feedback. Thank you for taking the time to be so detailed in your comments and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the Burlington area!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Unfortunately, no. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very forgiving when it comes to hotels.

First major issue; parking. The front of the hotel has 1 large lot split into 2 sections, one of which is reserved for the slummy restaurant that's somewhat attached to the hotel. If you're arriving in the evening, good luck finding a spot in front. In the back of the hotel is a much larger lot, and 2 entrances to the hotel marked "B" and "C". Apparently "C" has no access to the hotel, it's just a banquet room (which was rather awkward to discover, arriving at 10pm with luggage and walking into a wedding reception.) Entrance "B" has 1 elevator which takes approximately 3 years to do anything. Lobby looked recently renovated, that's a plus. I was put on the 5th floor, on my after waiting another insane amount of time waiting on the elevator I finally made it to the 5th floor, was pretty excited to see they had a lounge (we'll get back to that.) Got in my room, which was stuffy and hot, the air was off.. thanks. Dropped my bags, set the air and made my way back out to check-out the lounge; being a Hampton Inn, I didn't expect that at all. Unfortunately It was locked, I was never given any password (possibly closed on weekends like most CL's in full service properties?) but either way, it was just a couch, a TV, and a computer.

Back downstairs, run out for dinner, come back, park outback again.. yay. Coming back in I realize the elevator from the back "B" entrance doesn't go to my floor, so I have to take that elevator up 2 floors, cut across the lobby, and catch the other elevator. Wow.

Will not return or recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew C
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I appreciate the feedback with regards to your stay at our hotel. It is clear to me from your comments that you were not given adequate information during the check-in process that would have alleviated some of the issues with parking that you encountered. I do apologize for that. There is no question the hotel is large and due to it's unique construction can be confusing without clear direction. The Hilton Honors lounge on our 5th floor requires an access code for entry and I am sorry your were also not given this information. I will share your comments with the staff in order to emphasize the importance of reviewing these items at check-in. I would like to add that the restaurant parking is so busy because it is an excellent facility and is frequented by many local patrons as well as hotel guests. The Lighthouse restaurant re-opened under new management in January and has gained a reputation for quality that the previous restaurant did not have. We are excited to have this amenity for our guests and I have had nothing but wonderful comments for those who have eaten there. If you have had a different experience I am quite certain the owner would want to hear about it and address your concerns. Again I apologize that the lack of directional information you were given at check-in caused your stay with us to be unsatisfactory. We do have a guarantee that we stand by and I would be happy to discuss our commitment to quality if you would like to contact me directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!