“Wonderful graduation stay”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am compelled to write this review because of the direct contrast to my stay in another Hampton Inn in Cherry Hill NJ. My sister and I spent a night in New Jersey and although the room was lovely, the free breakfast left much to be desired. With that in mind, I was not expecting much from this site but was pleasantly surprised. To start with the front desk staff were personable, friendly and professional. I called to front desk to ask about turning on the mini fridge and they sent the maintenance man down to start it promptly. My room was clean, inviting and the bed was very comfortable and with plenty of pillows( I usually have to call down for extra pillows). The breakfast, included in the room price , was surprisingly good. There were 2 types of fresh fruit daily( kept out all day for anyone who may want a healthy snack) ,english muffins, bagels, danish and 2 large industrial type toasters which minimized wait times. There were juices, coffee, hot cocoa and a nice variety of teas. Oatmeal with toppings to select from too. Each day was a different type of egg(scrambled, cheese omelet, western omelet) each morning and a different breakfast meat daily(bacon, sausage, ham). There were 2 waffle makers as well, again made for quick moving lines when busy. The other nice touch was the nightly freshly made cookies and milk. Jason made aromatic and tasty cookies in 3 varieties and kept making them until everyone out in the lobby had their fill. Thank you Jason!. Another woman, I am not sure of her name but I think possibly Debra(blonde hair) saw that i was looking in the fruit basket upon my entering the lobby one afternoon and went in the back room and brought me 2 bananas , very thoughtful and unexpected. There were plenty of tables and chairs for people to eat breakfast and snacks with newspapers, tv and various local magazines, coupon books etc.I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. We were here for my neice's graduation from Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and found that the location was a fairly close drive to various area attractions, right off highway and would think that this hotel would be great place to bring kids( feed them free!) . There is a small indoor pool and gym on the second floor, both looked clean and plenty of towels available. When my niece moves back to area I will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is actually the main lobby floor because hotel is built on a hill.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the fabulous review of our hotel! People who travel these days turn to sites like TripAdvisor to get real feedback from actual guests. A review like this one is worth a lot to us! I am very excited to share your comments with the staff as they really look forward to hearing our guest feedback. Thank you for taking the time to be so detailed in your comments and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the Burlington area!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Unfortunately, no. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very forgiving when it comes to hotels.

First major issue; parking. The front of the hotel has 1 large lot split into 2 sections, one of which is reserved for the slummy restaurant that's somewhat attached to the hotel. If you're arriving in the evening, good luck finding a spot in front. In the back of the hotel is a much larger lot, and 2 entrances to the hotel marked "B" and "C". Apparently "C" has no access to the hotel, it's just a banquet room (which was rather awkward to discover, arriving at 10pm with luggage and walking into a wedding reception.) Entrance "B" has 1 elevator which takes approximately 3 years to do anything. Lobby looked recently renovated, that's a plus. I was put on the 5th floor, on my after waiting another insane amount of time waiting on the elevator I finally made it to the 5th floor, was pretty excited to see they had a lounge (we'll get back to that.) Got in my room, which was stuffy and hot, the air was off.. thanks. Dropped my bags, set the air and made my way back out to check-out the lounge; being a Hampton Inn, I didn't expect that at all. Unfortunately It was locked, I was never given any password (possibly closed on weekends like most CL's in full service properties?) but either way, it was just a couch, a TV, and a computer.

Back downstairs, run out for dinner, come back, park outback again.. yay. Coming back in I realize the elevator from the back "B" entrance doesn't go to my floor, so I have to take that elevator up 2 floors, cut across the lobby, and catch the other elevator. Wow.

Will not return or recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew C
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I appreciate the feedback with regards to your stay at our hotel. It is clear to me from your comments that you were not given adequate information during the check-in process that would have alleviated some of the issues with parking that you encountered. I do apologize for that. There is no question the hotel is large and due to it's unique construction can be confusing without clear direction. The Hilton Honors lounge on our 5th floor requires an access code for entry and I am sorry your were also not given this information. I will share your comments with the staff in order to emphasize the importance of reviewing these items at check-in. I would like to add that the restaurant parking is so busy because it is an excellent facility and is frequented by many local patrons as well as hotel guests. The Lighthouse restaurant re-opened under new management in January and has gained a reputation for quality that the previous restaurant did not have. We are excited to have this amenity for our guests and I have had nothing but wonderful comments for those who have eaten there. If you have had a different experience I am quite certain the owner would want to hear about it and address your concerns. Again I apologize that the lack of directional information you were given at check-in caused your stay with us to be unsatisfactory. We do have a guarantee that we stand by and I would be happy to discuss our commitment to quality if you would like to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hampton Inn is located right off I-89 exit 16, so it's very easy to get to. Hotel rooms are good and the service by staff is great. There is a restaurant and bar located adjacent to the hotel, now called the Lighthouse Seafood & Grill. Costco is located right down the road and some fast food restaurants, Junior's Italian Restaurant, Athen's Diner, and a Vietnamese restaurant is located close by. Good spot, decent hotel.

1  Thank SkydogVT

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to our Hampton Inn. While we are not downtown Burlington, we have easy access off of I-89 and are only a few minutes from the waterfront and Church Street as well. Our new restaurant is excellent and I hope you had the opportunity to try it while in town. I appreciate your comments and hope you will visit with us again the next time you are in our area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very friendly and welcoming staff. We stay here often and the rooms are always very clean. TV stations are offered in French from Montreal and English from Burlington. Easy ride to the University of Vermont campus.

1  Thank jmaglio45

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visits to the Burlington area and for taking the time to write about us! We recently changed from a satellite provider for television services to the local cable company and are excited about all of the new HD channels we have for our guests now! I am glad you enjoy having the access to some Canadian stations as well. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Burlington not realizing it was graduation weekend for the colleges. It was great to get away from all of the activity in Burlington. the staff was helpful, the room was clean, and the hot chocolate chip cookies in the evening were a treat!

1  Thank Robert L

Graduation weekends in Burlington are definitely a busy time to be in the area. Our location is a bonus during these weekends for certain. Some guests like to be in the middle of everything while others like to have easy access but also be able to get away from it all. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope you will return the next time you are in the area. Summer is a beautiful time of year with may festivals going on at the waterfront. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

overall the Hampton Inn Burlington, was good. i have a real issue with the hampton Inn holding a $50.00 charge on my credit card for more than 3 days. we paid for our room months in advance. we did not have any extra charges, but the 50.00 is still on the credit card after being home for more than 3 days. I really don't think it is fair or neccessary for that amount of time!!!! I called and was told it would be on the card for 3-7 business days. It spoiled giving the hotel higher ratings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candlebb

I appreciate the feedback with regards to your stay and the hold on your credit card. We have found each bank is different in the amount of time they will hold an authorization. I contacted one bank for a guest and was told they hold the amount for as long as 30 days! I understand your frustration and apologize that it is a poor reflection on the service we provide. I do thank you for staying with us and hope you will consider choosing our hotel again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I would highly recommend this location. We chose it for proximity to family events and also price. Front desk staff were super helpful and even put our freezer packs in the freezer overnight. Milk and freshly baked cookies are served in the lobby at 8:30pm. Great treat. Room clean and well appointed, good internet connection, and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrueVermonter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!