“Great time!”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We attended a couple of banquet events at this hotel over the last few weeks. Both events were fantastic!! Everyone that had rooms absolutely loved them. Very clean and well run hotel. The food and service at the banquets were top notch. Kudos to Jim and the entire banquet team for dealing with the changes thrown their way both times and doing so with smiles in their faces!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Colchester is where I place my groups coming into the region and also where I personally choose to stay when in need of an airport hotel. As a travel professional, cleanliness, friendly customer service, and location are very important to me, and this hotel excels in all areas. Best of all for the early morning riser, is the fact that they put some food out for continental breakfast beginning around 4 AM. Granted, not the hot items, but enough to certainly satisfy anyone's early morning needs prior to an early morning flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I can not thank you enough for this wonderful review! We know there is a lot of competition in the Burlington area and you have many properties to choose from. We are honored that you took the time to express your thoughts on your personal visit and confidence you have in our ability to take care of your clients. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Burlington!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a full belly and great night's sleep. Located near Burlington - the Winooski resturants and Burlington area is close by. I left the LaQuinta to come stay at this hotel instead....much better quality. It has great staff, awesome rooms and good breakfasts! Not to mention the fresh cookies at night in the lobby - Highly recommended!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MAMAWIN32

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our property! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our area does have some great restaurants to choose from and I am pleased to say our on-site restaurant has re-opened under new management. We are so excited to have the "Lighthouse" restaurant open again and from personal experience I can say the food is fantastic! One more great reason to return! Thank you so much for the for review and I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I decided to call and make a reservation with Hampton Inn Burlington after reading the reviews and checking their website about how pet friendly they are. During the process of going over the rates, I asked if there would be a problem leaving our dog in the room. The desk clerk said yes, we are not allowed to leave our pet in the room by herself. I had mentioned that she does not bark and we kennel her for her safety. The clerk responded "that's what everyone says" and once they left their dog alone they began to bark and guest around the room would complain and they ended up having to give them all a free night stay. I mentioned we would only be gone for about an hour to run to the store. The clerk was not understanding at all, so I decided not to make a reservation. Seeing that my husband is in the miltary, we travel with our dog all the time. We have never had a problem leaving our dog unattended in a room. What other Hotels do is get our phone number in case there are any issuse leaving our dog in the room unattended. I am happy to report that we have never been called back to a hotel or asked to leave a hotel because of our dog. We are very considerate of other people.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I am very sorry about the way our staff handled your pet situation. While we have found that many owners do not realize how stressful being left alone in a strange room can be to their pet, we also know that there are many pets who's temperament is different. The policy was put in place because of past experiences we have had with very upset puppies. We have also done exactly what the other hotels have done for you in the past and I am sorry the desk staff did not offer to take your phone number. We will make certain our staff is made aware this is an option when necessary. I am sorry this experience affected your stay at our hotel and I hope you will consider returning when you return to our area.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Vry nice accomodation overall. The location was great for our visit with family. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Shopping and places to eat were close by; however, we did not eat locally that often as we were visiting in a nearby location. Room was clean and very comfortable. The free breakfast good and the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. We will have our own on-site restaurant open by that time and we are very excited to have this amenity available for our guests. We hope you have a very happy and healthy new year and thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ski and stay package was beyond worth the $ ESP. On a busy holiday weekend. Pet friendly made our trip even better as we have a puppy and didn't want to have to put him in a kennel. Hot breakfast and a few steps away from major highway... Definately will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. The ski package is a great value for certain. We are so happy the snow is cooperating this year! I am glad your puppy was able to enjoy your vacation with you too. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We we up in Vermont right after Christmas. Got there just in time for not one but two snow storms. The guys had a great time skiing at Jay Peak and Smugglers. The girls went shopping and sight seeing. The rooms were clean and this hotel is very convenient to highways and the food store! The folks working there were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast has a nice variety and the coffee/tea bar is open 24/7. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

People who decided to book our ski package really lucked out this holiday! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of the slopes at Jay and Smugglers. They are definitely worth the drive from the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us and I hope you will be able to return again before the season ends. Have a safe and healthy New Year and thank you for choosing Hampton!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Residence Inn Burlington Colchester
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!