“Great base to travel NW VT”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location as a base. I went late October hoping to find some color...and I did. This hotel is located just outside Burlington off a major highway. Easy to get to the Lake Champlain Island, Stowe, the mountains and all the towns in between. The hotel was great, clean, great staff...helpful with suggestions and directions. Fireplace with comfy chairs and couch in lobby/breakfast area. Awesome hot breakfast, eggs, meat, waffles, assorted breads and pastries and oatmeal. Coffe all day...AND FRESH BAKED COOKIES AND MILK at 8:30 p.m. each night. A great ending to a day of driving. I will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Vermont this Fall. It is such a beautiful time of year here and we love to give visitors information on the best routes to take to see the sights. The colors were especially stunning this year, except the weather was not all that cooperative. Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit and I hope you will come again soon to experience one of Vermont's other great seasons!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is one of larger Hampton Inns that I've stayed at. They have a very nice, very nice breakfast area. In the evening they had candles at the tables making it a very relaxing place for friends or family to gather. They also have one of the larger fitness centers. All the equipment worked very well. The room overlooks a very nice indoor pool area. The room was typical for this chain meaning everything was clean and comfortable. For an older property it is in very nice condition. This hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown Burlington, with easy access to the highway. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: The lobby is actually the third floor. Rooms facing the back may be quieter from highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are very large for a Hampton and are actually the third largest hotel in the Burlington area! We were designed before the Hampton standard for hotels was developed, which makes us quite uique. Thank you the great comments about your stay and I do hope you will visit with us again soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here with my significant other for a weekend away trip. We drove from Maine late Friday night after work, so needless to say we were exhausted after the 4 hour drive. We arrived around 2 am. The girl working the overnight shift was perfect. She was quick, efficient, and very kind explaining the amenities and features of the hotel. It was a very warm welcome. We woke up in the morning and had their complimentary breakfast; Waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, english muffins, and assorted pastries. It was no by means an excellent breakfast but it was great for what we wanted and free so it worked. We headed out to downtown Burlington. The hotel is set back an exit or 2 so you have to drive downtown, but it wasn't a problem. Only a few miles away and parking is very easy. That night we used the pool, which was great. It was very clean and heated. I didn't use the gym, but peeked in to check it out. It was roomy and seemed to have quite a bit of cardio & fitness equipment. The movie rentals were way overpriced, which we expected ($11.99 - $14.99) and there wasn't much selection as far as cable. The lobby, breakfast, area and floor were in great condition - the layout & fireplace gave the hotel a real cozy feel. The guest rooms were a bit outdated, but gave the hotel some VT charm. Overall it was a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! We are one of the older Hampton's in the system and have been progressively making upgrades to the hotel, including the fitness room and the lobby. Starting next year we plan to address some of the "dated" issues with the guestrooms as well. We also have plans to upgrade the television programming and hopefully add more channel selections as well. I am glad you were pleased with your stay and look forward to your return! Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a great stay @ the Hampton Inn Burlington ,VT they greeted us with a friendly face! And offered us there milk and cookies right away. Nothing melts a woman's heart and a kids heart more than a fresh chocolate chip cookie before bed.

Room Tip: Free milk and cookies after 8
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I am so glad you checked in at the right time for warm cookies! Personally, I have to leave work before they make them as they are way too dangerous for me! The smell of the lobby as they are cooking is hard enough! Thank you so much for taking the time to mention your visit and I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I know when I stay at a Hampton Inn, I know what I am getting, a clean room with white bedding, free internet, and breakfast. This hotel fits all of that. We were in town for a concert in South Burlington, usually we stay down around there, but in the past I have stayed at this hotel, so we decided to come back. All was great and the addition of late night cookies is a welcomed change. This hotel seems to be the choice of most airline crews, so you know most of your neighbors will be quit. It is too bad T-bones went out of business next door I really liked the AYCE happy hour buffalo wings they use to offer. We had a 5th floor room, which I really like with the vaulted ceilings due to the windows, but the blackout curtains did quit do there job and after getting in after midnight the sun came up way too early.

Room Tip: We like the 5th floor since they are not your normal cookie cutter style hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review of our hotel, though I am sorry the curtains didn't seem to do their job. We are hearing quit a bit from our regular guests that they miss having a restaurant next door and we hope to have that problem solved very soon. While there are several great places nearby, it is far more convenient when there is one right on property. I hope that the next time you return you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We checked in late on a Thursday evening-as promised, warm cookies awaited us. The room was clean but as previously stated by others, there was a slight musty smell and the wall paper and the bathroom does need an update. You could see glue on the edges of the countertop. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning every day. The first two days the breakfast area was not crowded but the last day-which was a Sunday was pretty busy. The staff was able to keep up with demand. I would love to see better eggs though-they looked like they were rehydrated. The selection of breakfast items was very good and having a nice cozy fire going was a great touch. The only problem we had were some neighbors that seemed to be having a salsa music party next door one night but a quick call to the front desk took care of that. We noticed that there was a restaurant/bar adjacent to the hotel but it was closed. As we had to drive into Burlington if we wanted to have dinner or dirnks, it would be nice if there was a place to eat or have a drink on site. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the main floow which was actually the third floor as the hotel is built into the side of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty and am happy that your stay was a pleasant one. The restaurant next door closed without notice in August, but we are actively searching for a replacement and hope to have new management opening the facility soon. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you will visit with us again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

As others have said, this hotel is older and needing some updating in the halls and rooms. However, the breakfast area is huge and really nice. Breakfast offerings are PLENTIFUL - if you can't find something you like here, I'd be surprised. The pool area looked nice although we didn't use it. Our room, king suite, was a good size with king bed and sofa sleeper. New large flat screen TV on which my son happily watched his NASCAR race at Talladega. Yes, the wallpaper in the bathroom is old fashioned, but the bathroom was clean, the shower was hot, and plenty of towels. The room itself was clean and I always love the Hampton beds. It's located right off the highway and only minutes to the waterfront. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all, a great stay.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I appreciate the positive feedback from your stay and I am very glad you had a pleasant experience. The owners have renovated quite a bit on the property in the last few years and plan to make upgrades to wallpaper and carpeting soon. Thank you for taking the time to document your visit and I hope you will return to the Hampton Inn on your next trip to the Burlington area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Residence Inn Burlington Colchester
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#9 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!