“I stay here on business a couple of times each year and the place just gets more tired everytime.”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed September 15, 2012

After so many years you would think that the owners of this once nice facility would finally spend some money and refurbish the hotel. The hotel is not in a bad location (if you discount the heavy traffic trying to get out of the tiny parking lot and the lack of any eating facilities close by) and compared to the much higher prices at the other Burlington Hilton properties I continue to give this HI another try just hoping the place will get a face lift.

The breakfast selections are below average at best. The staff is usually helpful and the location is close to Burlington just in case the other facilities are much too expensive or full.

Room Tip: Stay away from the check-in level floor. The 4th or 5th level usually provide adequate levels of qu...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your continued patronage. There are several areas our owners plan to address in the next few months. Hopefully you noticed the major renovation that took place in our lobby and the expansion of our fitness area. While we see areas we wopuld like to concentrate on, the brand often mandates what we must do. The ownership has reinvested millions of dollars in the hotel over the last few years and will continue to do so. I hope you will keep coming back so you can witness the improvements!
Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The rooms are in need of upgrades. The comforter was a lumpy, heavy, hot down covered with a duvet. We took the comforter out of the duvet and voila, we comfortable. Loved the pillows. Did not like the fact that the bathroom fan did not take the steam nor the smells away. The toilet seat slid when used - ouch! The pool looked good, we did not have time to use it. However, the breakfast was worth the trip. There was the usual waffle station, juice, cold cereal, fruit and coffee, but also eggs and meat. The apples were the best I've ever eaten. The hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings was very good, as well. Just loved the vastness of options. Then, too, the inn offers milk and cookies at 8:30 pm. Just what I needed after a day of sitting in a windowless classroom. A little pricey, but it is a college town. VERY easy to get to as it is right off the interstate ramp.

Room Tip: 4th or 5th floor on the south side are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for the honest and detailed review of the hotel and your stay. While the guestrooms do need a facelift, we have been making several upgrades over the past few years. This past spring we fully renovated the lobby and fitness room areas as required by the Hampton brand. Last year we replaced all of the furniture in the rooms and added refrigerators and microwaves to every room in all of the guestrooms. I look forward to added changes next year as the owners continue to re-invest in the property. I appreciate the comments about breakfast and am very glad you were pleased overall with your stay. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

There are not many upscale hotels in the area, so picked this one. The room was fine except for the beds - two double with bumpy mattresses that kept sliding off their frame. .I thought that most Hamptons had Queen size beds today! The breakfast was acceptables...waffles were not the nice crispy type that Homewood Suites offer. This hotel is well located to visit Rock of Ages and Ben & Jerry's and almost next door to Costco.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry you had an issue with the bed in your room. While we expect to upgrade to Queen beds soon, the full sized bed in your room should have been in acceptable condition. From your description it certainly was not. I have discussed the situation with our engineering department and they will be on the lookout for mattresses in the same condition as you have mentioned. I appreciate the feedback and hope you let the front desk know before you left so we could address it immediately. We appreciate your business and hope you will return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at Hampton Inn for quick over night stays or for business trips because I feel like I can rely on Hampton Inn to be clean and affordable. This hotel was far below par. My room smelled moldy and felt damp to the point where my allergies and I became congested. I asked to change rooms and the staff seemed reluctant to help. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank travelbug242
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

I am very sorry for your experience at our hotel. When a guest is not satisfied with their room we normally make every effort to do whatever it takes to correct the problem. I apologize that you were not taken care of in the same manner. Though I can't change what has happened, I would be appreciative to have an opportunity to discuss your experience and hopefully change your mind about our hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stay at Hampton Inn frequently and this one was the best we've experienced. Immaculate rooms, spacious breakfast area, and great service. If we are ever back in the area, we will stay here for sure. As Hampton Inns go, this one is an upscale version for sure.

Room Tip: There are three buildings. Get a room away from the interstate and highway 2.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SnowAvoiderSalem_VA

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This Hampton Inn has been consistent with my experience at other Hampton Inns over two stays so far. If you usually like them, you'll probably have a good experience here as well.

It's a deceptively large hotel due to the very strange layout, but overall the room count isn't all that high despite the size- most of the rooms are pretty big as a result. It wasn't originally a Hampton, and some signs show of its previous life. AC units and some bathroom fixtures are not new, but are generally functional and the place is pretty clean. There's a pool and fitness room that are also decent given the size of the place and the location. Elevators can be slowish, but it's only a couple of floors and there are plenty of staircases.

As usual for Hamptons, breakfast is a huge perk, along with infinite coffee availability near the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ibmman

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. Our Hampton is quite large, with 187 total rooms. While it may seem the facility could have been a different brand at one time, the hotel has always been a Hampton and was one of only about 300 in the country at the time it was built. The property has gone through many changes over the years and we look forward to more in the months ahead. I appreciate your comments and am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here last weekend instead of downtown as we normally would due to last minute change of plans. The location easy to get too, right off the highway and close to downtown Burlington. The room was large and clean and we were pleasantly greeted upon our arrival and throughout our stay. The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast is generally consistent with other Hampton Inns. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the Burlington area and especially for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! We appreciate your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington
Residence Inn Burlington Colchester

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!