“Great Service, Great Value”
Review of Fox Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chittenden
Fox Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chittenden B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just got back from a trip to Chittenden and the husband and I stayed at the Fox Creek Inn for an evening. We booked one night there and one night at the near by Mountain Top Inn. I am still kicking myself for not staying both nights at the Fox Creek Inn.

#1: The service is amazing. We were served home baked cookies and warm drinks right off the bat. The fire was roaring and everything felt clean, homey and sweet. The proprietor Susan is a GEM. I left my burberry coat there (had a heart attack when I figured it out) only to find that she had already delivered it to our hotel and it was waiting at the front desk! Now that is great customer service.

#2: There's a bar! She has a great wine list, which is crucial because lets face it, Vermont is pretty rural and you gotta trek into town to get a drink otherwise. So you can come home from a long hike or ski session and grab a bottle of wine to relax to.

#3 Price. The Mountain Top Inn was almost double the price and so not worth the cost. Its a lovely place, and we only stayed there because it was the wedding venue. But unless you are thinking of getting completely trashed at the wedding, just stay here and enjoy a nicer, quieter room at a way better value.

Highly recommend it here and would definitely go back if I have to visit the area again.

Room Tip: She lets you choose what room you want if there is low occupancy. Get the tour and pick your favorit...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zoomz
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for the lovely review. I enjoyed our visit in the little pub at the inn and hope you'll come back again and try the new wines I've purchased.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Based at Fox Creek Inn for a February week of classic Vermont winter weather, I felt lucky to be in a place so homey and warm—and so handy to so many activities. Following an afternoon of snowshoeing around the nearby vast and silent reservoir or a beginner’s cross-country skiing lesson at Killington, my friends and I returned gratefully to the refreshments and comforts of the inn. And we felt the same welcome after the gentler ardors of shopping in and around Woodstock. Guestrooms are dedicated to various famous Vermonters and graced with personal touches. Many thanks and congratulations to Susan, the new owner and gracious innkeeper. Five stars!

1  Thank MduMond43
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Fox Creek Inn is a charming place. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The common areas are warm and inviting. The innkeeper is welcoming and makes her guests feel at home. the location is convenient to various Vermont activities. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and recommend the inn highly.

1  Thank 889AG
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Fox Creek Inn for a week in February!
The atmosphere there is one of warmth and comfort and the Inkeeper, Susan, was quite welcoming. Being there provided all the advantages of feeling at home - with someone else doing all the work! Nestled into the foot of a hill, the Inn is surrounded by woodlands with a stream running through the property. It is within easy reach of Rutland, Brandon, Woodstock, Killington, and Queechee for day trips. It was equally appealing to sit by the fire in the "snow globe" room and watch the snow falling all around you, to sit in your room to read, or to gather in the living room with Susan and friends for conversation. Susan keeps coffee, tea, and hot chocolate at the ready all day and evening. She also provides a great assortment of maps and information on the surrounding area. I highly recommend this Inn whether you are travelling solo, as a couple, or with friends or family!

Room Tip: I have seen all the rooms and each is lovely in its own way. You can pick your own from the picture...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came for a nearby wedding and were welcomed by Susan and the Fox Creek Inn. Upon arrival we were shown our room and then had a chance to sit with Susan and relax before our wedding.

We stayed in the Norman Rockwell room, very comfortable. It was such a welcoming place.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

We will return for a longer get away in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't say enough about this wonderful Inn nestled into the beautiful hills of VT. It is not only picturesque, but warm and comfortable with the most attentive owner and staff. The accommodations were perfect. The food was exceptional and the location is near to all the winter sport activities. One couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My week at the inn was a wonderful and joyful experience. Susan was a most gracious host and the location was superb for all the activities that the week entailed. The rooms have a hospitable "homey" feel and I was very comfortable in the surroundings. I highly recommend Fox Creek as a base for all your Vermont adventures. - Renée

1  Thank graingerrenee

Been to Fox Creek Inn? Share your experiences!