“Great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed at the hotel and ate at the Highlands a few times. The food was excellent and I especially reccommend Wednesday Beef and Brew.

• Visited August 2011

Connecticut
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We just returned from having dinner at the Highlands Dining Room at the Mountain Top Inn and it was wonderful. Because it was a quiet evening...a Tuesday night...we ate inthe tavern section of the dining room though we were offered a tabel in the dining room. They offer a relativly small menu with a surprisingly good variety of choices including salads, interesting appetizers, sandwiches and dinners, as well as desserts. The filet mignon we chose was cooked to perfection, the lobster salad was a green salad with lobster meat, mango and fig bruschetta was great and the berries and ice cream and the creme brulee were excellent.
You should make reservations as the Inn can be quite busy and they do a large wedding business. The view of the Chittenden Resevoir is beautiful.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank aedrbf
VT
“Call Ahead for Great Views and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

This place is great, you just need to call ahead and make sure they are open, as they often close for weddings and events.

New England
“Don't bother to make a reservation!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary in 3 days, and we have been so excited to dine at the Mountain Top Inn to honor such an important occasion.

I just called to confirm a reservation I had made a little over a month ago. I was told that my reservation is no longer valid due to a last-minute wedding this upcoming weekend that will close down the tavern and the dining room. I was never contacted about this turn of events - and I asked the attendant why telephone numbers aren't taken for incidences such as these. I am glad that I called to confirm the reservation, because my husband and I would've went to the restaurant this Friday, excited to sit down to a lovely anniversary dinner, only to find out we'd be turned away because the place is not organized enough to call customers to alert them to a change in plans.

It really is a shame for the Mountain Top Inn, because not only have they lost our business for future lodging and dining reservations, but they also lost the business of a lot of our family and friends. I will be sure to let everyone I know to not bother to make plans for the Mountain Top Inn.

2 Thank SirBrady