This Inn and resort has pretty well everything you can ask for during all four seasons. A recent visit (last week of April) was too late for skiing and too early for horse back riding or pool but the quiet and serene atmosphere coupled with a warm welcoming feeling and professional staff made for a wonderful stay. Due to a major renovation and beautification project at the inn building, which is soon coming to an end, we were upgraded from a booked inn room to a free standing villa complete with 3 bedrooms, wood burning fire place and jacuzzi tub in one of the 2 bathrooms. Handled professionally and courteously at check-in, our initial disappointment of having to stay in a building undergoing construction noise was quickly assuaged by our new exquisite accommodations. Excellent WiFi at no charge in the Inn as well as in the villas is a nice feature. Dinner in the Tavern was a culinary experience, the limited menu allowed the chef to shine in the entrees chosen; the wine list is extensive and tends to be pricey; it surprisingly lacks any selection of French wines but lists many Californian and Pacific Northwest wines. The included breakfast was equally sumptuous with daily special omelets and good tasting coffee! For light sleepers the totally quiet nights surrounding the inn promise a good night's rest! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return whenever we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden