We visited here the busy week leading up to New Year's. Inn was full. Bar was packed with diners. Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby and lounge area so it was full as well. The room had a sitting area with fireplace, a mini bar with sink and refrigerator, and comfortable king bed. Bathroom had a recent makeover with upgraded Kohler fixtures and included a shower and large, soaking tub. Views from the room were gorgeous.Room downsides were grimy wall paper and large dark pieces of furniture. A reservation was definitely needed for dinner and we were a bit ahead of the crowd at 6:30 PM. Our group ordered salads and French onion soup (all tasty) followed by entrees. The entrees were problematic. The blackfish special was a very small serving, much smaller than the other plates. The salmon on a cedar plank was a generous piece of farmed salmon but the cedar aroma was overpowering and had spread to the meager serving of accompanying vegetables. One guest's clams and linguine dish was the largest plate, but 4 clams had not opened and had to be discarded. One guest had sheperd's pie and it was very tasty but in a crock and unaccompanied. Desserts of peanut butter explosion and a cheesecake were vastly overshadowed by homemade espresso heath bar crunch ice cream. The ice cream was the hit of the meal. If you visit with with kids, bring their plastic sleds for sliding on the great hill behind the Inn and ice skates for the little rink across the road. Great outdoor fun center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden