What a beautiful view! The drive is worth it!
The Mountain Top Inn and Resort is located at the top of a mountain, with views of peaks around the area, and access to all sorts of winter sports and summer fun! Located close to a lake, I was foaming at the mouth for the summer to get there, so I could do some fun swimming in some fresh water.
I stayed with a wedding party in chalet divided into three floors, with multiple beds, rooms, and little coves to hide in. The construction and decor was elegant, the kitchen had a chef's set up. The bed's were soft and comfortable, and the entertainment was geared towards all levels! They even had little foam dart guns for the young at heart!
The food at the restaurant was reasonably priced, but tasty. Bring your own food because the closest grocery store is in Rutland, and the local country store offers a limited, but convenient, selection. Rutland is a little bit of a drive away, but I would recommend taking route 4 to the Woodstock Farmer's Market in Woodstock, the food is fresh, and Vermont pure, so all of it is delicious.
This place is for the romantic couples who are retired, and the adventurous outdoorsperson who has a hankering for some wilderness. I saw cross country skiers gliding across fresh trails at night, and smiling couples in the restaurant in the morning.
My advice? Check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden