“Amazing Hospitality during the Holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn Victoria

Inn Victoria
Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Amazing Hospitality during the Holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We picked this hotel due to the high ratings and were amazed by everything. First of all, the owners, Penny and Dan treated us immediately like family, serving us tea and cookies while our room was being ready in the morning. Our room was small, yet beautifully decorated, crystal clean, with little details that made it work perfectly. We unpacked and went downstairs, had some more tea, picked our free dvds for a movie night in (great selection by the way, not just 30 year old movies) and relaxed on the very comfortable high bed. The next day we had the most amazing 3 course breakfast, with orange juice, coffee & tea, fruit plates, egg Benedict on a phyllo dough and an apple-bread. On top of all these, the owners held a dinner for all their guests for Christmas day as a compliment of our stay. Unbelievable. Penny cooked the whole afternoon and the outcome was amazing. We met many new friends that day during dinner. We plan to go back in February and experience again this amazing hospitality. 10 stars from me.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms are 100% worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MargaritaTr
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Margarita, thank you.....we can't wait for your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have family in Chester and did not get to stay at the Inn but just had to write a review because I had such a heartwarming experience with Penny Boyd, the proprietress, and her husband. My nephew and I were out walking one freezing cold night. I stopped at several places along the Green trying to find a place to warm up and spend some time with my nephew while the rest of the family enjoyed a rare get together at home. Most places were closed. We walked in to one restaurant and were told the register was already closed. Sorry. The Inn Victoria was our last hope. When we walked in it was beautiful and Penny was there with a welcoming smile. I then realized I didn't have my purse. She waved away my concerns immediately and offered us tea, coffee, cocoa, and fresh-baked goodies. As her husband ran out for a pizza, she made us comfy in the living room and sat down for a lovely visit with us. My nephew grabbed her husband's Grinch suit and put it on without asking. She never blinked. My nephew is a teen who has with down syndrome. As I sat there on a stranger's couch drinking free gourmet cocoa from her best china cups with a very happy nephew I was forcibly reminded of the innate goodness of some people. We just showed up at her door one night, cold and broke, and she gave us everything we were hoping for and more. I have never met Penny or her husband before, but I will never forget them either. I highly recommend the Inn Victoria. Some really lovely people run it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoanHouston
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
You are so kind Joan....thank you. We are very happy that you chose to stop in and enjoy time with us!
God Bless
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

On a recent trip to VT, we discovered that it was possible to have Afternoon Tea at the Inn Victoria. Being fanatics who've enjoyed Tea at some of the world's finest tea rooms (The Ritz, Harrods, The Empress), we took advantage of the opportunity. We were not only pleasantly surprised...we enjoyed an absolutely perfect and memorable Afternoon Tea. The atmosphere was properly serene, the table setting was perfect, and the food was sumptuous. This is a must do for anyone staying at the Inn or traveling through the area. Special thanks to Penny for sharing her time with us and making it a quintessentially gracious social experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyAnn_12
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
WOW!!!....thank you!....that is saying a lot. We are blessed!
conn.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Second visit for my birthday, so many special ways they found to treat me including a cake delivered to my room along with music!! Also new editions toroom added to. Our comfort! We will definitely return this coming year, follow. Them on facebook if you want to know more I'm sure you will be amazed!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cruiserpal
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for celebrating your B-Day with us!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

For almost overwhelming hospitality…

Situated in a beautifully restored gem of property this is the essence of the New England of every movies depiction (which reviewers have already so well described).

But it is the character of the Inn which is so unique – thanks to the hosts and their team. The place feels more like a house party of old than a B&B.

The town is itself is a beguiling collection of characterful shops and *gasp* a Scottish Pub with great food.

Finally I would just recommend putting away your scenic drive maps and guides - your most excellent hosts are ambassadors for their state and have the insider knowledge to inspire any journey!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Squaremeal
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
WOW Squaremeal.....we are speechless. THANK YOU! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our inn, and in particular the North East. New England is beautiful and we are blessed to live here. Thanks for taking the time to make a note on TripAdvisor. With the amount of travel you do, we feel especially privileged to have earned your top rating.
Penny, Dan & Jessica
Narragansett, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had a great time at The Inn Victoria, being our 1st time at a b&b we were pleasantly surprised how relaxed & welcomed we felt. Jessica is an amazing cook, high tea was great, very tasty out of the ordinary treats. Breakfast was amazing, those apple cinnamon donuts dunked in fresh coffee.. creme' brule french toast, perfectly cooked bacon & nice conversation.The bed in Princess Victoria was sooo comfortable, nice big clean room(s) . The available soda, water, & fresh homemade cookies were a nice touch also. Thanks for a great getaway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debri61
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Ahhh, we are soooooo thrilled for you! And thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Jessica is a wonderful person and LOVES her role as Inn Keeper. We are pleased you feel the same. Thank you.....and when you return, I hope Penny and I can be there as well. We were away when you visited.
Keep smiling.
Wayland Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed in many Bed and Breakfast inns and this one is the best. The inn is beautiful and I enjoyed the gift shop. I liked that it is walking distance to the charming village and pub. The innkeepers and Jess their stellar assistant seriously couldn't have been nicer. I needed a RX filled in the town 8 miles away and we didn't have a car because we were walking from inn to inn so Dan gave me a ride. Also, the day we were walking to their inn it was rainy. After 3 hours of walking in the rain a car pulled up with the signage Victoria Inn. They had come to see if we had enough of walking in the rain and wanted a ride! The room, Princess Alice, was luxurious: the bathroom had a double sized gorgeous hot tub. At 3:00 we were offered high tea.
The breakfast was amazing. I could go on and on.

Room Tip: Princess Alice is over the top beautiful. It has a gas fireplace, double hot tub and a sitting area...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mimicatzer
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the review....we are thrilled that you enjoyed the inn so much! Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
Hugging Bear Inn & Shoppe
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!