“One of the Best!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“One of the Best!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Penny, Dan and Jessica made us feel like family. They are extremely gracious hosts. The food is excellent, the accommadtions beautiful. They have too many special touches to mention.
We were there for the Vermont B & B Walking Tour and it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
WOW!!!.......thank you both. We R also glad you enjoyed Vermont Inn to Inn Walking. It truly is a magnificent walk. Take care.
Penny & Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stumbled across Inn Victoria (and Chester, VT, for that matter) while travelling through Vermont and New Hampshire during our honeymoon and our only regret is that we didn't stay longer!! Chester is a brilliant town and everyone at Inn Victoria was lovely from the moment we arrived. The house is beautiful and Penny, Dan and their daughter were delightful hosts. The eggs benedict were to die for and we can't wait to come back in the fall. Thanks for a fabulous stay!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie K
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for over the Thanksgiving weekend, and after only being there 1 night I told my husband I felt like we were with family. Penny, Dan, Jess, and Rachel were so awesome. A special thank you to Penny who went above and beyond for my husband who has a food allergy. I can't say enough great things about this place. Our room (Prince Albert) was welcoming with a fireplace and awesome jetted bathtub. On the deck outside of the room was a hot tub that we visited every-night (my husbands favorite). The food was phenomenal! If you are so lucky to have the poached ginger Pear or the Eggs Benedict you will see what I am talking about. Truly I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie M
Mapua, New Zealand
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Inn Victoria is a delightful B&B and Penny and Dan were outstanding hosts. We felt very welcome in their home. The room was very comfortable and spacious. We highly recommend Inn Victoria as the place to stay in Chester. We would have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much....enjoy the rest of your travels in the USA! Call on us if you need advice while in NE...keep smiling!
NY
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I received a gift card from family to BedandBreakfast.com, and we were started searching for places in Vermont since we wanted to go snowboarding. As we were searching we decided that Inn Victoria was the place for us and after staying there we HAVE to say that they have far exceeded our expectations. Right from the beginning, we felt like we were visiting old friends. The entire inn was gorgeous, clean, well kept, and warm. The room we stayed in (Princess Helena) was aboslutely beautiful. The pictures were beautiful so we were so excited but after staying...the pictures do NOT do justice. The room is 100X more beautiful and comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud on the two nights we stayed there. The room was romantic since it had an antique type bathtub right near the fireplace, a shower with two seats/two showerheads, and a private hot tub on the deck. Each morning we woke up to an amazing breakfast. Lemon curd bread, blueberry pancakes, and strawberry applesauce were just a few of the tasty things on the menu. Their menu of teas was one of my favorite parts of my stay. I love many different kinds of tea, and I had such a wide variety of new kinds to try! Penny, Dan, and Jessica were such nice people I actually felt sad when we had to leave! At least we know the next time we make our way to Vermont we have an exquisite place to stay and friends to catch up with.

If you are going to Vermont, definitely check this place out! Tell them Danielle and Bryan sent you! You will not be disappointed!
~ Danielle and Bryan, Long Island

Room Tip: Any of the rooms with the Hot Tub are awesome! Princess Helena is private and in the back, so it'...
3 Thank Danielle W
Charlotte, VT
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were only there for one night before our daughter's State ski race the next day in Grafton, but felt like part of the family. Dan, Penny, and Jessica (who is an absolute gem) really know how to to do a B&B right. The rooms are immaculate, welcoming, and spacious (at least the Prince Albert room was). A really spectacular breakfast greeted us in the morning (after a wonderful soak in the private hot tub). And we left with a hug from Jessica and Penny. This is truly a special place that we will return to. We also had a wonderful dinner at the Grafton Inn the night before.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

By far the best B&B I have been to. I literally left broken hearted, as I did not want to leave the B&B, the innkeepers or VT. Penny, Dan & Jessica are truly some of the nicest people you will encounter during your stay in VT. You have no choice but to stay at the Inn Victoria, as it truly is a top-notch establishment.

We booked the Princess Beatrice room because we were on a budget. The room was very cute and cozy with a half a wall separating it from the bathroom. It was an adjustment at first to be so open with my husband, but hey, we are in it for the long run, and we made it through just fine. The bed was probably the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in my entire life. The feather pillow topper and amazingly fluffy pillows and 1,500 thread count sheets will make waking up in the morning one of the most difficult things you will have to do while on vacation, but the breakfast makes up for it. Wonderful food, will keep you full well past lunch. And if you are there on a Fri-Sun, you will be full until High Tea Time, which you MUST attend to! Penny makes you feel like a queen!

Our first evening in Chester, Dan the "ambassador" gave us an awesome recommendation list on a map, giving us the highlights we'd want to check out whilst in the area.

We originally booked 2 nights there, but after our first day, we wanted to extend our stay and spoke with Penny about it. She was happy to do that (as the room was free) and when we checked out, she only charged us 50% the room rate! That just about made me tear up. When we left, we told them we'd be back and received genuine hugs from all three. We will definitely return and recommend that you all do too.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Princess Beatrice room which is cozy and will test your couples ability to use the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
Hugging Bear Inn & Shoppe
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!