Fullerton Inn
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
$79
Grafton Inn(Grafton)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
$140
HIExpress.com
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$129
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$232
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)(Great Value!)
$79
$99
$172
$167
Orbitz.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastsconesmake your own waffleslast minute ski tripstone fireplacevermont beersfresh fruitcomfy couchessmall roomenjoyable stayhot coffeemain lobbyold housebaked goodsspent two nightsone night staynancy
Reviewed February 20, 2010

This was the worst "inn" I have even stayed at. The owners should just give it up because they are the rudest people I have ever met who run a business. They snapped at us for our credit card and never once said hello, welcome, or anything. And the room was FREEZING!!!! I could not sleep, and I called the front desk several times to ask to have the heat checked and the windows rattled throughout the night, just unbearable. The place is old. Yes it is close to Okemo, but this is totally not worth it. They are so rude I just can't believe they run a business, and I gave them my money. I wish I could get it back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BostonGalTraveler
bmw2800, Owner at Fullerton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2010

I just want to say that this is NOT representative of us. I apologize to the writer of this complaint. The Fullerton Inn is a nice place. It is an interesting property and we are interesting people. We have worked hard on the inn over the seven years we have owned it. We live here, on premises. This is our home. We are very proud of this place. We have spent lots of time and effort on modernizing the place and making it more enjoyable for our guests. We really do lots of things to accommodate our guests and make sure they have an enjoyable stay. I must say that we are a Vermont County Inn and not a “flagship Hotel/Motel’. Therefore, we are not for everyone. I’d like to say that everyone should stay here but the reality is that it is a nice quiet stay in a very small quaint town in Vermont and that is not everyone’s cup of tea. But we do have lots of very happy customers. And we do have lots of repeat customers. So, as I say, I apologize to the writer of this complaint and I promise that, if you communicate with us, we will do our best to accommodate you and see that you have a pleasant stay in at the Fullerton Inn in the lovely town of Chester, Vermont. Thank You.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

older inn but well kept and nice clean rooms...great service from the innkeeper Nancy.. very accomodating...restaurant was very good (dinner) plus good entertainment in the bar...prices were reasonable for that area

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We just got back from a visit to Vermont, and while the town of Chester is located in a beautiful part of the state, our visit was definitely marred by a terrible stay at the Fullerton. Despite some of the negative reviews we read about the inn, we decided to stay there because of the relatively flexible breakfast hours and the inn's location on the village green. Unfortunately, it seemed at times like the owners (who never even introduced themselves) went out of their way to make us feel unwelcome. Upon arriving, we were cut off mid-sentence when one of the owners brusquely requested a credit card and reminded us that breakfast would not be served one morning. That individual did not speak to us for the rest of our stay (when my husband tried to be polite and said "good evening," he was simply ignored). When I asked for dinner recommendations and recommendations for breakfast places, the other owner told me that she couldn't help me (isn't this part of her job, by the way?) We spent much more time than we would have liked in our tiny, musty, and poorly lit room with its lumpy mattress because we felt so uncomfortable in the common areas. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the Fullerton is a nice property (big front porch, nice deck, and more than adequate common areas), but the unfriendly, unhelpful, and downright rude attitude of the owners made us sorry we stayed there. There are plenty of nice looking accommodations in Chester and the surrounding area. Don't stay at the Fullerton!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 29, 2007

found this inn by accident. We were planning on skiing at Okemo for several days and had booked at a B&B near by. We were disappointed in the room, and decided to explore.
We stopped by this lovely old Inn located in beautiful Chester VT.
The inn keeper Nancy greeted us, showed us one of only rooms left and welcomed us to come back the next day.
The next day we returned after a fun and hard day of skiing. We sunk onto the couch in front of the beautiful fireplace, enjoyed "happy hour" priced draft beers and met other happy and friendly guests who recommended the resturant stating the food was delicious. It was Delicious.
This is a very comfortable, warm, and clean inn. We plan on returning several more times this season to ski and relax!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 23, 2007

My wife and I stayed here in September 2007 for a wedding that took place on the property.

Our room was clean and decorated with several ruffley-type objects, including 10 (no joke) pillows. The room decor was not my cup of tea, probably suited more for older folks or craftsy-types. When the pillows were off the bed for sleeping, it made the room a great deal smaller. However, the bed was quite comfortable and the shower was hot.

The innkeepers were very hard at work for the wedding (it appears that they perform all roles in the hotel, from front desk, to bartender, to furniture movers), but still managed to be friendly and help us when we needed it.

The food at the restaurant on premises was fine - not great, but I managed to eat with great enthusiasm.

This being my first visit to Vermont, I was expecting a "charming" B&B in this small town. While this hotel is a fine place to stay, it fails to live up to my ideal of what a New England Inn ought to be. I probably would choose another place to stay if I were to return to Chester.

Stayed: September 2007