“Great lunch stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Heritage Deli & Bakery
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great lunch stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This deli is a great place to stop for lunch. They serve sandwiches, salads and soups. Anything I have ordered, I have liked. The cheddar and ale soup is great.

Visited November 2013

Windsor, CT
“Friendly Country Eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Easy stop on Route 103. You'll be in and out as quick as you like.

Order at the bakery counter and your order is brought to your table.

Checkout the bakery goods and the deli items.

• Visited March 2014
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Don't miss this Deli/bakery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I make it a point to stop here on each trip to Vermont. The deli sandwich list is extensive and bakery items (raspberry squares, lemon squares, muffins, cakes...) are to die for. They truly are outstanding pastries...and I am a foodie!!! Today we had the tomato basil Parmesan cheese soup to warm us up. It was excellent! Then we had lemon squares that had just come out but hadn't been cut yet...until I asked. They were fabulous. We also bought a blueberry gluten-free scone...but that is for tomorrow

Visited January 2014
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Good food as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We love to stop here. Good food and courteous and friendly service. Deli sandwiches and bakery items. Also local Vermont products and art work.

FL
“Good place for soup and sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Everything at this deli is made to order, and tastes homemade. We really enjoyed our lunch here, on our way between Rockingham, VT (VT Country Store) and Grafton, VT (Grafton Village Cheese)
The day we stopped, there was a special soup - I think it was Sweet Potato and Pumpkin. It was DELICIOUS!! Now, I have to find a recipe for how to make it at home!!
We also had a sandwich - can't remember if it was a special for the day, or if it was the Ethan Allen, but whatever it was, it was very good.
We ordered, and then sat at a table, and the food was brought to us.
They have a lot of homemade desserts, too, but on this day, I was in the mood for ice cream. So, I got a (generous) single dip of their chocolate ice cream, and it was outstanding.
Total bill for splitting a sandwich and soup, plus one cup of ice cream (no drinks) was $15, and we thought this was fair for the quantity of food we got.
Only complaint - the pitcher of water on the table in the dining area wasn't too tasty. I know it was tap water, but it didn't taste right to me. Might be worth buying a drink, instead.
We would definitely stop back in here again.
I would definitely recommend the soup of the day!

• Visited October 2013