“Our local Diner”

Country Girl Diner
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An Authentic 1940's silver, Silk City Diner. Booth or counter service for great homemade soups, meals and desserts. Breakfast & lunch 7 days. Prime Rib Friday nights. Friendly atmosphere, great prices, Superb Coffee! Don't miss their Smash Burger! Cash or local check only...ATM available locally.
Chester, Vermont, United States
“Our local Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

If your driving through Chester on a Friday night and want to enjoy a consistently good quality meal with a very friendly staff that wont drain your pocket book, make it a point to stop in at the Country Girl Diner. Everything is made fresh and their coffee finishes off a good meal.

Visited August 2014

“Always a good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the country girl diner numerous times while visiting friends in Vermont and have never been disappointed. I've never had to wait to be seated and it's always been clean. Staff are always friendly and although busy, usually are kind enough to strike up a conversation and are very welcoming. They've never made me feel like I'm from out of state or an outsider. Orders are taken quickly and served promptly, hot, and accurate. Food is always excellent and very filling. I can eat more than my fair share and have never left hungry. You can tell everything is fresh and home made. If you're in the area, I highly recommend this diner.

High Bridge, New Jersey
“Quaint place, good food, great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We ate breakfast in this diner. It is small, and a throw back to another time. The menu was limited, but had enough variety to allow you to make a choice as to what you wanted for breakfast. I had the traditional eggs, bacon, home fries and toast, while my husband had the special of French Toast, eggs, and bacon. Both meals were very tasty, and the waitress was beyond friendly. The prices were about what you would expect to pay. Our two meals, plus endless cups of coffee for each of us, came to about $20.00 However, they had added a sticker to the front of each menu advising their patrons that with the recent rise in grocery prices, they had tried to hold the line on prices for as long as possible, but just recently conceded to the economy and raised prices to these amounts. Well worth it, I assure you!

• Visited August 2014
Arkansas
“It's a good diner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Classic diner. The coffee is good and the food is good. We tried the pulled pork hash omelet, very interesting and worth a try once. We also had lunch here and it was good. Prices are reasonable but this area tends to be expensive unless you are from NYC. I would go for breakfast any day but be aware that it is a busy place because the locals love it too.

• Visited July 2014
“What a chicken salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way back to Albany just by accident! What a lucky turn! Great food and very friendly service. I would eat here every day, if I lived here. The place just makes you feel happy, body and soul.