“Good food, friendly place”
Review of Country Girl Diner

Country Girl Diner
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An Authentic 1940's silver, Silk City Diner. Booth or counter service for great homemade soups, meals and desserts. Breakfast & lunch 7 days. Prime Rib Friday nights. Friendly atmosphere, great prices, Superb Coffee! Don't miss their Smash Burger! Cash or local check only...ATM available on site.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been to a lot of diners around the country and have to say this one was one of the best. The food was great. I had a slow cooked pull pork hash with eggs. Very flavorful and creative which you typically don't get at your average diner. My daughter had a gigantic blueberry pancake that was infused with plenty of blue berries. Overall our food was comprised of generous portions at a real value. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The diner is small but very busy. They only take cash so make sure you hit the ATM before or the one in premise.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food is wonderful especially the Tomato Corn chowder. Be sure to leave room for a piece of homemade pie.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have eaten at the Country Girl several times a year over the last decade. It was closed for awhile so I got out of the habit of going there. I had heard that it was under new ownership so I decided to give it a try. I was really impressed by the noticeable changes to the place. First of all it is cleaner than I remember. It was always a little grotty in the past, and it is now clean and organized without any loss of "atmosphere". Also the soup and dessert menu now includes some interesting offerings that reflect local tastes and ingredients such as chowders and maple desserts. This diner has always been a good choice for a burger and fries and it is even better now. I had the Guinness Burger and sweet potato fires with a diet Pepsi. My burger basket arrived with the fries piping hot, lightly salted and Delicious! The burger was perfectly cooked medium rare with a slab of oozing melted Guinness cheddar. My friend Kerry ordered the diner's version of a patty melt with a perfectly cooked burger, grilled onions and melted swiss. The skinny handcut fries were the pinnacle of french fry perfection. They really were. Service was friendly, upbeat and attentive. We went crazy that day and gave into the temptation of the dessert menu and ordered a slice of maple cream pie. The maple cream filling was rich and creamy, but not too sweet. The maple soaked graham cracker crust underneath was crumbly and delectable. I highly recommend the Country Girl for a peak American diner experience with a Vermont twist.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Seems like it's been there forever....maybe it has. I know there are "new" people runing the diner..."new" meaning a few short years now....good food, it's a diner so no 5 star meals. Good food, good service. I did think the price of a bacon,egg & cheese on a hardroll with coffee for $6 was a bit high.....but I'd still go back. No issues with the food, service, or speed they get meals to you. Thinking if I recall correctly cash only but there is an ATM next door at the gas station.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This tiny diner may be small BUT the food, staff and prices are memorable. Their soup, my favorite, tomato corn chowder is nutritious and fantastically tasty. Our servers, Stephanie and Kathy, were very attentive, polite, professionally dressed and with sweet demeanors. We always visit this diner during our October vaca in VT. Enjoyed the food and had staff delightfully happy to be serving us!

Been to Country Girl Diner? Share your experiences!