“Very good food, EXCELLENT pastries”
Review of Moon Dog Cafe

Moon Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The blueberry pie is to write home about. Other pastries are also excellent. Sandwiches and soup are very good. I had a ham and bean soup that was chock full of vegetables and excellent. The regular coffee was not great but if I went a third time, I would order an espresso drink. Service during the week is better than on weekends.

1  Thank TroyV1

Reviewed July 24, 2014

In reading other reviews, I see that I am out of step. But I must express my experience. Four of us had lunch this week. Good food. Lots of insects flying about. Waiter sweating profusely as he served us. I'm easy on these establishments, but I did not have a good feel about hygiene...and animal life.

1  Thank Nancy2005
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were traveling across Vermont and wanted a healthy sandwich for lunch. We found Moon Dog cafe right on Route 11. We went in and placed our order for a Vegetarian wrap. It had guacamole, cream cheese, lettuces, tomatoes etc in a whole wheat wrap. We sat outside and they brought out our sandwich. It was delicious. Hit the spot. Nice service. So glad I found the Moon Dog on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank Jennie E
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Been meaning to stop there for years . . . right out of 1968 (full disclosure . . . my era). Had no idea what to expect, had the veg wrap (garlic cream cheese, tomato, avocado, cucumber (?), greens). Delicious. Didn't know it was exactly what I wanted when I came in!

Very friendly waitress, great blueberry muffins (I took one along). I definitely recommend it highly and will surely return!

1  Thank SEAsiaVeteran
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I had an excellent lunch here. I am always happing to find a natural foods restaurant when I travel and this one surely fits the bill.

1  Thank Denise P