“Back for best”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Yes, back at The Moon Dog Cafe and my number1 choice when I visit The States. Good to meet up with Jacki and Sue( always a friendly welcome). Went for the excellent scrambled eggs with pepper and challah bread(honey sweetener) with side plate of home fries.
Back again Thursday and pick up my favourite - lemon chicken soup. The place, the people and the food are all special.

1  Thank James S

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Got lucky and it was not too busy. This is a great place with fresh food and a great atmosphere. The service understands the customer. Our two wraps were very different but both very good. A must stop if you are traveling thru this lovely little town.

1  Thank v1960t
Reviewed April 17, 2014

beautiful spot to lunch while enjoying the shops. Friendly waitstaff and adorable decor. Chairs outside to enjoy a beautiful day.

1  Thank Familytravelorx5
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Moon Dog Cafe is a weird little cafe/bakery/gift shop hybrid. It's fun to look around. The menu is quite large, mostly full of sandwiches and baked goods. The coffee drinks are very good. My only complaint is that every time I have been there they are ALWAYS out of something I want. Last time it was bagels. The time before that is was lox and capers. It can be pretty frustrating. It is also quite expensive. Most sandwiches are $10 or more, and they don't come with anything else. Again, it's a cute place and the food is good, but don't get your heart set on any one item because they may not have it.

1  Thank Lcny2001
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I came up to Chester, VT to visit with my Aunt Katrina and Uncle Mark and hit the slopes. They took me and my girlfriend to Moon Dog cafe for breakfast on Sunday, and I was blown away. Not to sound pretentious, but we go out to brunch in Boston pretty much every weekend. We have been to some of the best restaurants in the city, but none of them compares to Moon Dog. Seriously. The food is delicious, the baked goods are perfect, the owners are neighborly, and the shop sells wonderful local and organic products. I can't recommend it highly enough.

2  Thank Tom K

Been to Moon Dog Cafe? Share your experiences!