“Return to the scene of excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles

Moon Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Return to the scene of excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes it's me again, back in the States and visiting with friends in Vermont. During my visits I return to the Moon Dog Cafe, On The Green in Chester. Although we have to travel from Weathersfield I still see this venue as my place of choice for a snack, meal or just a relaxing coffee - great comfort/ambience....
Recommend..
The Harvest Turkey. Turkey breast, homemade herb stuffing, cranberries, tarragon mayo.
Thai Chicken. Grilled sesame ginger chicken with own peanut sauce, cucumbers, baby spinach.
Veg. Homemade garlic Vermont cream cheese, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sprouts.
Better still give the place a visit, it will be worth it - my promise.
ps...I did take their lemon chicken soup home for later( my favourite)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank James S

Concord nh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome luncheon adventure, artistry abounds in both the craftsmanship of meals and the treasures for sale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My 7y/o daughter sums it up perfectly...They did EVERYTHING right - nice warm people, great food and made me feel special!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rckwmn
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

After the rave reviews I expected something really special, but was frankly disappointed.
The prepared food under plastic wrap looks unappetizing as was the fly traps with dead flies above the counter. The restroom needed attention as well.
As far as the food was concerned the menu was fairly limited.
The soup we had was however delicious.
And do not expect NYC style cappuccinos. They serve filter coffee with some foam on top.
Perhaps the best in Chester, but a long way off excellent.

1 Thank Gbayer1
york pa
“Wonderful place with everything from art to ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The toughest part about this place was I wanted to eat one of everything. I settled on ginger ice cream and some champagne truffles. My wife opted for some decadent cookies that she shared with me later. All the food was fantastic. They also had some really neat crafts, soaps and local products. The two women working could not have been more accommodating. Not to mention pleasant looking. I hope I can stop here again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank homer17402
Gardiner, New York, United States
“Scrumptious Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Back again at my favorite stop between West Point and Franconia. Besides the warm smiles, I am enjoying a mango habanero chicken breast salad with avocado, goat cheese, and a yummy yogurt dressing. It is worth the five hour drive just to eat here on the way.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BARBandSTEVE471

Been to Moon Dog Cafe? Share your experiences!