“Love it!”

MacLaomainn's Scottish Pub
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An authentic Scottish Pub serving a varied menu for the whole family, well known for the wide variety of Scottish Ales and Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Alan is a real scot who says if you want to know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt you gotta marry him!
My sister and I were hiking the area, ate there three times loved the Scottish food and great people there.

Visited August 2014

Dedham
“Haggis in Vermont?!?!?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This small Scottish pub is as close to authentic as you can find this side of the Atlantic. Haggis and the full range of Belhaven beer on tap gives this 5 stars. The service is friendly and all of the food we tried was very good. The dining room is very small and reminded me of pubs I had visited in the highlands.

New Britain, Connecticut, United States
“Auld Reekie Stew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

I've never had Scottish food before but I learned about about it from the friendly staff. We were greeted quickly and the waitress was very attentive to our needs. The food was served piping hot and was excellent. I had the Auld Reekie Stew and my wife had the Chicken and Mushroom
Pie - both excellent. I would recommend this Pub for those traveling through SE Vermont. Definite five stars.

Timbuktu, Mali
“Great pub food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Had dinner at MacLaomainn's after a long hike. It was time to relax and recover. Started with one of the several Scottish brews available, followed by the fish pie entree. Never had the dish before, but I was very glad I had made this selection. Delicious! Atmosphere is very casual. Would definitely recommend.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Came here for drinks and dinner while staying in Londonderry, was highly recommended. Place was bustling, very busy, so they must be doing something right. Sat at the bar, service was slow. I had the crab cakes and hubby had the chili. They were "ok", nothing special. I was surprised that we had to wait an unreasonable amount of time for a second drink being that we were sitting at the bar. Decided not to order anything else because it took so long for our appetizers to come out. We opted to go somewhere else for our entre'. Seems as though they cater more to locals than being interested in visitors to the area. No small talk from the bartender, didn't really feel welcome. Probably won't be back.

1 Thank Sandi M