“Who would have thought?”

MacLaomainn's Scottish Pub
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: An authentic Scottish Pub serving a varied menu for the whole family, well known for the wide variety of Scottish Ales and Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

On our way from Boston to Okemo, who would have thought that we'd find such a warm, friendly Scottish pub in the charming little town of Chester. Thank goodness we had smart phones to find out what haggis and neeps were (we didn't try either). The more conventional food was excellent as was the service. Looking forward to our next trip to Vermont! MacLaomainn's will definitely become part of our family/friends ski weekend tradition.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Fantastic Scottish pub. Real draft beers from Scotland.
Great dark wood intimate interior. Very friendly service.
Fish baked pie and clam chowder...really well done.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Based on a recommendation from the Golden Stage B&B, my wife and I stopped here for dinner last Friday night. We must have arrived at the height of the dinner hour, because the place was packed with fun and friendly folk. We only had a short wait for 2 seats at the bar, and that gave us a chance to chat a bit with Alan and Deb later in the evening. They are wonderful owners / hosts. The food was very good and reasonably priced - what more could you ask for? This pub serves numerous ales on tap...including Old Engine Oil (black as night). It was very popular! We would absolutely stop there again if we were nearby. When you're there, ask Alan and Deb how they met - it's a very romantic story.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was staying locally and wanted a warm, pub place to sit at the bar for some dinner. I love a place where the owner is behind his own bar with a big smile and a firm handshake. I got to taste the drink choices before I selected (there are lots of beers and ales) which is always nice. I had no idea what I wanted (couldn't bring myself to try the Haggis, despite online encouragement from a friend in Scotland!). Alan (owner) made several good suggestions and I left happy and full. It was a beastly cold night and the food, the friendly atmosphere and the cheery folk at the bar made it much warmer!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Delicious Belhaven Scottish ale, in several varieties. Alan, the owner, will let you sample before you commit to a full pint. Food was delicious. I had chicken pot pie, my husband had a burger, and we were both very happy with our meals. We had a delightful conversation with Alan while we sat at the bar about beer, Scotland, and more. Prices are very fair.