“Welcoming and warm”

MacLaomainn's Scottish Pub
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An authentic Scottish Pub serving a varied menu for the whole family, well known for the wide variety of Scottish Ales and Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Welcoming and warm”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was staying locally and wanted a warm, pub place to sit at the bar for some dinner. I love a place where the owner is behind his own bar with a big smile and a firm handshake. I got to taste the drink choices before I selected (there are lots of beers and ales) which is always nice. I had no idea what I wanted (couldn't bring myself to try the Haggis, despite online encouragement from a friend in Scotland!). Alan (owner) made several good suggestions and I left happy and full. It was a beastly cold night and the food, the friendly atmosphere and the cheery folk at the bar made it much warmer!

• Visited January 2014

Vermont
“Real Scottish Ale!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Delicious Belhaven Scottish ale, in several varieties. Alan, the owner, will let you sample before you commit to a full pint. Food was delicious. I had chicken pot pie, my husband had a burger, and we were both very happy with our meals. We had a delightful conversation with Alan while we sat at the bar about beer, Scotland, and more. Prices are very fair.

• Visited December 2013
Milton, Massachusetts
“Authentic Scottish pub.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great food and friendly atmosphere. Its a great place to meet for a drink with friends or have a meal with your family and friends.

Visited December 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We found this place by accident, after eating in a marginal diner. We came back the next day and have been coming back whenever we are in the area. The food is better-than-average pub faire with a fun Scottish twist. Owner and atmosphere are friendly. It is kid-friendly, especially if you want to encourage them to break out of traditional kid-menu food. One of our kids loves the cock-a-leekie soup, the other the stuffed baked potato.

• Visited January 2014
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good pub grub, great beer”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Found this place by accident. Inside is kitchy Scottish pub but not OTT. Menu is basic pub grub but very tasty. Good beer selection with some excellent Scottish beers that I have never had before. Owner Alan is very friendly. Best of all, tab is about the same as lunch for family of 4 at TGIFs or equivalent but much, much better.

• Visited December 2013