“Friendly pub”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: An authentic Scottish Pub serving a varied menu for the whole family, well known for the wide variety of Scottish Ales and Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fun spot in a nice little town. Scottish beers and menu items. I had the steak pie which reminded me of pubs in Scotland. Tatties and skirlies! Haggis! Friendly service.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband I have stopped twice on our travels. Both meals have been very good and unique. We enjoyed the inside and outside atmosphere.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our weekend stay was at The Inn Victoria Bed and Breakfast, (outstanding stay!), within walking distance to MacLaomainn's Pub down the street. We arrived for dinner on Sunday night to a full house at the pub. We were seated in less than ten minutes, and our drink/food order taken. We ended up staying at the Pub for the next three hours to watch the finish of the New England Patriot's game that was down to the wire on the TV. The bartender not only interacted with all the patrons, but served drinks, and served the food to all the tables when the wait staff was overloaded. This bartender went "above and beyond" to serve the staff at the Pub! Looking forward to another visit to the Pub!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited on a weekday night in September. Place was full, it had a lively atmosphere, service was fast and nice and what was most important: burgers were tasty! It was not too expensive place, there were many good craft beers on tap and we would have loved to visit it again, but we were only one night in Chester.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The pub is quite small and as there were no open tables so we decided to eat at the bar. This turned out to be an excellent choice as we ended up next to a bunch of locals who welcomed us warmly and gave detailed dining recommendations. Alan provided advice on beer, cider and whiskey.
I ended up with the haggis, something I had never tried before. I really enjoyed it but then I like liver and sweat breads - my wife likes neither and was not crazy about the taste I offered her. She had the fish pie which she enjoyed. We started with the potato skies with extra cheese, extra bacon (the locals insisted) - pure bliss!
All in all we had great time in a very cozy and fun atmosphere. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.