“Wonderful!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: An authentic Scottish Pub serving a varied menu for the whole family, well known for the wide variety of Scottish Ales and Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Pittsfield, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I come to the Chester/Grafton area a couple times a year to visit family and plan our weekends around MacLaomainn's! I love the Belhaven Scottish Ale on tap and love trying the different Scottish foods? The steak pie is great, I love the Reekie Stew, and even stepped out of the box and had the haggis on the last visit. Everything is great and I could listen to the owner talk all day! Definitely worth the visit!

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“A gem waiting to be discovered”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were looking for a lunch place on Prez Day on the way home from Ludlow and this was the only place open. Boy were we surprised! There's a varied menu of American and Scottish food and everything we ordered was great! We will absolutely make a point of going back and are very pleased to have discovered this place.

Dorset, VT
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have visited and loved this Scottish pub in the past. However, when I visited it again this weekend, I was surprised to be served by a surly waitress, to be presented with an expanded menu that is looking decidedly like most other American pubs and prices that seemed to be taking advantage of touring trade. Apart from the Scottish beer on tap and a couple of traditional Scottish food options, I could have been in any average quality bar anywhere in the US. I won't be recommending it anymore to my firnds or taking my guests there. It will be a while before I return too as it just wasn't worth the drive.

• Visited February 2013
Stonington, Connecticut
“Haggis anyone?”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good pub food. Not a bad steak pie when you get down to it. I would have lived to have the haggis but for some reason did'nt.

Not a bad place to hang out.

Visited January 2013
Rhode Island
“Bangin!!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place is everything you want from a pub, locals, great beer, relaxed atmosphere and amazing food. My sister and I found this place online when search for a place to watch the football playoffs while visiting the area. We were immediately welcomed. Everything coming out of the kitchen smelled great and tasted just as good. No one took issue that we weren't routing for the local team and the owner makes fabulous beer recommendations. The place was so good we visited 3 times in a 24 hour period. Great comfort food and authentic Scottish food. I can't wait to go back! It's a must visit you won't be disappointed.