All reviews west wing pancake mix breakfast basket state park carriage house welcome basket maple syrup great kitchen lake champlain split level any requests vermont breakfast family gathering some great restaurants gorgeous setting three nights hiking trail
Reviewed May 25, 2016

Eight of us spent a long weekend in the Left Wing of the Mount Philo Inn while attending the graduation of one of my daughters from UVM. There was plenty of room for all eight of us to move around and the unit was in great shape. Outstanding views of lake Champlain and the Adirondacks and Mt. Philo abuts the property and provides nice walks and exercise. Dave, the owner, was excellent at responding to any questions or issues while not being intrusive at all. There was a nice breakfast basket in the fridge which helped save a few meals out. My family and I will be back to stay here in the future. We strongly recommend this inn while in the Burlington/Charlotte area.

Room tip: The left wing is spacious with a full kitchen, two full baths, and a great open porch to relax on and enjoy the views.
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed April 18, 2016 via mobile

Our family recently stayed 3 months at the amazing Mt. Philo Inn. The spacious, recently renovated and beautifully appointed 100 year old inn is run by the charming and friendly proprietor, Dave Garbose. Nestled between the foot of Mt. Philo and Lake Champlain, the views of the lake and sunsets over the Adirondacks are breath taking. We could not have been more pleased with our stay and will always have our time their held fondly in our memory.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2016

We stayed for two months when we were in the process of moving. We stayed in the right wing...there are two bedrooms on the top floor which has the kitchen and the bathroom with the shower. There is another bedroom on the first floor which has another full bathroom and washer and dryer. The fully equipped kitchen with the breakfast basket was perfect for cooking meals (did I mention we were here for 2 months? this was amazing!) We had plenty of space so on particularly cold days, we stayed in and were perfectly comfy. I would highly recommend for families or multiple families looking for lots of room in a beautiful location

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed October 14, 2015

My team and I stayed at Mt. Philo Inn for a team meeting in September and I must say the place was absolutely perfect! Comfortable, spacious, clean, well equipped, awesome breakfast basket and UNBELIEVABLE views! Dave and his wife were very nice and willing to help and accommodate to make our stay pleasant. I would definitely recommend it, whether you are looking for a place to be productive with your teammates or a place to relax with your friends, Mt. Philo Inn won't let you down! I will be coming back without a doubt!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2015

My husband and I rented out the entirety of Mt Philo Inn for our wedding this past weekend, and it was the perfect place for our intimate, low-key wedding. Dave is a thoughtful and kind owner, and we communicated about what our vision was for the wedding, and whether he thought the Inn would be a good place for us to be. He provided us with excellent local recommendations for catering and restaurants to try. The inn itself is beautiful and so thoughtfully renovated - it really shows in the details and quality of appliances, furniture, etc.

We got married at Mt Philo State Park and had our reception outside on the lawn, and in the Ballroom once it started raining. Our wedding weekend was all about celebrating our love by spending time with the people we care about most, and it was amazing to get to have all of those people staying under the same roof. Dave was great at communicating with us when he had concerns about noise levels, which I appreciated and greatly respected.

By the end of the weekend, Dave felt far from being a stranger, as he hugged us and congratulated us on our marriage. Needless to say, we will return to Mt Philo Inn when we are looking for a beautiful place to celebrate our anniversary!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
David G, Owner at Mt. Philo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

This wedding was a truly special event, certainly one of the most artistic, meaningful and fun celebrations that we have witnessed. Family and friends all came together to help launch a wonderful couple. The group occupied all four suites as well as the ballroom,and it was a joy to see the inn come alive. At the end of the weekend, we felt welcomed into this large extended family and look forward to their return. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Jane and Dave