All reviewswest wingbreakfast basketstate parkpancake mixwelcome basketcarriage housefamily gatheringthree nightswedding weekendliving roomshelburne museumdavid and janephyllofridgehikeporchwifi
Reviewed March 13, 2016

We stayed for two months when we were in the process of moving. We stayed in the right wing...there are two bedrooms on the top floor which has the kitchen and the bathroom with the shower. There is another bedroom on the first floor which has another full bathroom and washer and dryer. The fully equipped kitchen with the breakfast basket was perfect for cooking meals (did I mention we were here for 2 months? this was amazing!) We had plenty of space so on particularly cold days, we stayed in and were perfectly comfy. I would highly recommend for families or multiple families looking for lots of room in a beautiful location

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2015

My team and I stayed at Mt. Philo Inn for a team meeting in September and I must say the place was absolutely perfect! Comfortable, spacious, clean, well equipped, awesome breakfast basket and UNBELIEVABLE views! Dave and his wife were very nice and willing to help and accommodate to make our stay pleasant. I would definitely recommend it, whether you are looking for a place to be productive with your teammates or a place to relax with your friends, Mt. Philo Inn won't let you down! I will be coming back without a doubt!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2015

My husband and I rented out the entirety of Mt Philo Inn for our wedding this past weekend, and it was the perfect place for our intimate, low-key wedding. Dave is a thoughtful and kind owner, and we communicated about what our vision was for the wedding, and whether he thought the Inn would be a good place for us to be. He provided us with excellent local recommendations for catering and restaurants to try. The inn itself is beautiful and so thoughtfully renovated - it really shows in the details and quality of appliances, furniture, etc.

We got married at Mt Philo State Park and had our reception outside on the lawn, and in the Ballroom once it started raining. Our wedding weekend was all about celebrating our love by spending time with the people we care about most, and it was amazing to get to have all of those people staying under the same roof. Dave was great at communicating with us when he had concerns about noise levels, which I appreciated and greatly respected.

By the end of the weekend, Dave felt far from being a stranger, as he hugged us and congratulated us on our marriage. Needless to say, we will return to Mt Philo Inn when we are looking for a beautiful place to celebrate our anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
David G, Owner at Mt. Philo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

This wedding was a truly special event, certainly one of the most artistic, meaningful and fun celebrations that we have witnessed. Family and friends all came together to help launch a wonderful couple. The group occupied all four suites as well as the ballroom,and it was a joy to see the inn come alive. At the end of the weekend, we felt welcomed into this large extended family and look forward to their return. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Jane and Dave

Reviewed September 22, 2015

I stayed at Mt. Philo Inn with my extended family this summer. We couldn't have asked for more. The location is beautiful with truly priceless views. The Inn is provides suites of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice-sized and well-appointed kitchen, and a variety of extras, such as porches and balconies. The Inn both shows its wonderful bones and original details, and incorporates extremely tasteful older and modern furniture.

I called it unique because the 3-bedroom suites, generously sized, are wonderful for groups.

The owners worked with us to make sure everything worked for our large group [3 of the 4 suites housing 17 guests].

And need I mention how wonderful the immediate area is for swimming, hiking, exploring, eating, and just plain relaxing?

Room Tip: It's all good and each suite has particular features, so check the specifics.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Communication with the site was immediate, pleasant, responsive and helpful from the first call.
The space is incredible! Lots of it and filled with everything about Vermont - from art on the wall to the soap/shampoo etc in the bathroom to the breakfast foods left in a basket in the fridge.
We stayed in the Right Wing - a multi-level suite with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a modern kitchen with ALL pots/pans/appliances etc needed to cook meals; a wonderful private balcony
We spent much time out and about hiking - outdoor concerts etc but it was equally amazing to be back at the Inn!
We are now trying to figure out a time when we could have our assorted young adult children to come and have a full family vacation - we would most definitely come back here!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple