My wife and I recently spent a weekend at this resort. The Castle was built in the early 1900's has a limited number of rooms (#10). It is a majestic stone building overlooking the Black River. The rooms are large and comfortable with clean bathrooms. However, there is not an elevator and the climb to the 3rd floor is quite a hike with bags. My biggest complaint is the lack of lighted fire exit signs. It is hard to believe that they were non-existent. There are smoke detectors, a sprinkler system and an emergency lighting system. The dinner service was excellent but expensive. The breakfast offering was excellent and reasonably priced. The salt water heated pool and hot tub were great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance are the words best used to describe Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Ludlow, Vermont. Located in the lush Green Mountains, the resort is a member of the prestigious “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” and listed on National Register of Historic Places.The full-service Castle Hill Resort and Spa features a unique collection of 10 Castle rooms, which exude timeless elegance and luxury. Each room has its own layout, architectural elements, and character, and is warmly decorated and furnished with period pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castle Hill Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Resort And Hotel Cavendish
- Castle Hill Hotel
- Castle Hill Resort And Spa Vermont/Cavendish