My husband surprised me with a weekend away in Vermont.
We stayed in the castle in room #12 on the third floor. The room was beautiful and very large!
It had gorgeous dark oak floors, a giant California king bed, which was extremely comfortable. There was also a dresser, four chairs, a small TV, and fridge. There was a faux fireplace with tea lights to provide a romantic feeling. The furniture and decor was old world antique and chic, not the usual tacky stuff at many bed and breakfasts. Our stay included a $50 credit to their onsite Aveda spa which where we booked a couples massage. The massage was good for me, but excellent for my husband who likes alot of pressure. There is also an outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and a small gym on the property which we didn't take advantage of as we didn't bring our bathing suits. For dinner there was also a $25 credit for the restaurant that they have on property. We had a three-course dinner and everything was delicious. Kudos to the chef. The portions of the dinner entree were very large so if you eat there, don't fill up on the bread as I did. The quality of the food was excellent and they have a pretty expansive wine list. While we ate dinner, there was music coming in from the library, as someone was playing piano. The library was cozy with a beautiful fireplace but it was definitely crowded while we were there so didn't get to appreciate it. You never really see any staff except for the woman who downstairs by the restaurant. So can't comment on the service, but if you want a romantic weekend away and don't want to be bothered, this is an excellent choice. Plus there are two ski resorts: Okemo and Killington cloesby. Only negative is that there is a old heater in the room that was making some noise that woke us up. We couldn't get it to stop making noise so we eventually fell back to sleep. It was a little pricey for one night's stay but it was my birthday so we indulged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance are the words best used to describe Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Ludlow, Vermont. Located in the lush Green Mountains, the resort is a member of the prestigious “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” and listed on National Register of Historic Places.The full-service Castle Hill Resort and Spa features a unique collection of 10 Castle rooms, which exude timeless elegance and luxury. Each room has its own layout, architectural elements, and character, and is warmly decorated and furnished with period pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Castle Hill Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Resort And Hotel Cavendish
- Castle Hill Hotel
- Castle Hill Resort And Spa Vermont/Cavendish