“Very Relaxing!”

Castle Hill Resort And Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cavendish
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The deal was amazing! Our price being off season was extremely reasonable. We stayed near the spa and that was just where I wanted to be as I mainly wanted to swim in the outdoor pool and relax in the hot tub. My daughter joined me to celebrate my birthday as I had never been to Vermont and I was glad to have made the trip. The only complaint was the size of the tv. The dinner we enjoyed at the restaurant was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rented condo to be with friends over New Year's. Positives: Condo was clean, liked being close to the spa, had shuttle to the mountain.
Negatives: Pull out bed was horrendous, king bed had the smallest pillows I have ever seen, indoor pool was so-so, kitchen was poorly stocked. Only 4 mugs, no pan for making pancakes, no waffle iron, no bottle opener and no oven mitts! Specifically rented townhouse to cook breakfast and lunch. For the price paid $3,900 for 5 nights, wish they could have splurged by providing aluminum foil and plastic wrap. tv area in living room did not have enough seating to accomodate entire party. I will say, when I called to complain about lack of mugs and pans, they did provide us with 4 more mugs and a pan to cook pancakes. Housekeeping was great.

Castle restaurant: Disappointment. Could have been excellent. Service was lacking - had empty water glasses throughout meal. My husband had to send back his beef wellington 2 times ($65), when it finally came back, the puff pastry was missing! They just gave up instead of cooking a new piece properly. They did credit us $38, but my poor husband ended up eating after everyone else was done. For the high price, would have rather eaten at Mr. Darcy's again.

With kids, would stay on the mountain if there is a next time.

Room Tip: ask for the townhouse next to spa - good parking. But request upper unit. We had to listen to some...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GreycatLisa
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just spent two nights here using a Travelzoo voucher. It is a beautiful setting, even in November, and my husband and I, both Canadians, loved being 40 minutes from New Hampshire: no sales tax! But we truly loved the Okemo ski resort area, the town of Ludlow and surrounding area in Vermont. The 'castle' is beautiful. Certainly one might say windows could be cleaner but hey, they're over 100 years old! We loved our room, #12. Lovely king-size sleigh bed. Very limited staff on site, very quiet place, almost tomb-like but maybe that's because it was November. I would have been disappointed in a few small things if we'd paid full price (tealite holders in fireplace full of old wax and I had to request the candles the first night, curtain rod tub quite worn-looking) but with an off-season deal, we'll definitely go back. Nothing should be done to destroy the 'castle' atmosphere, the dark wood is so beautiful, but I do think too much 'pea soup' green paint is in evidence and the hallways to the rooms could be much more welcoming painted with a warmer or richer color. We didn't eat in the restaurant but will try it next time; the aromas were enticing when we returned from our dinner in town. Also didn't use the heated outdoor pool and looking forward to that if we ever make a fall visit again. Found the spa treatment prices quite expensive ($115 for a 50-minute massage plus, I imagine, a tip) but perhaps, being from Canada, such prices are the norm in south central Vermont.

Room Tip: We loved ours, #12 and hope to try #11 or #8 on a return visit. A fireplace, even when lit with tea...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank quincerator
Reviewed November 19, 2012

accommodations were clean, quiet, comfortable and perfect for a quick couple getaway to explore the area before the 'ski' season. We spent most of our time out, but we treated to a comfortable king-size bed. The was compact with ample hot water and pressure.

Room Tip: late october was a perfect time for a couple getaway from the hustle and bustle of daily life. We e...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

To describe our experience in Just in a few words: beautiful but terrible customers service.
The place is beautiful but the girl at the desk last Sunday was rude distracted and texting every attempt we had to ask anything and didn't even make eye contact when we said hi! Clearly she didn't want to be there. Too bad! The place is gorgeous... That left a bad taste in our mouth despite the fact that the building is a true jewel !

• Stayed: November 2012
9  Thank Kristinanadjosh
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As offered by Travelzoo year after year, I decided to finally check out this place with my wife & our 5yo on a quiet off season(mid Oct. to be exact) & was very impressed of how serenly beautiful this place is. Though we weren't accomodated at the Castle because they only strictly allow a double accomodation(not allowing our 5yo to stay with us in the same bed & they do not offer a cot) per fire safety regulation, still we were able to enjoy the grand beauty of the historic Castle during our breakfast fit for royalties! Took a bunch of pix of its gorgeous interior & browsed at every single century old mementos we can find. I so fell in love with its library & the comfortable big chair situated in one corner! The condo that that we stayed in behind the Spa was comfortable enough & we're glad to find a small microwave & fridge while we have a toddler with us. Although we didn't get to use the Spa, the heated outdoor pool & jacuzzi was as inviting as the rest of the Castle grounds to enjoy. Our tot enjoyed the Pointe's heated indoor pool at night. The pool area was impressively clean & decent compared to other big hotel chains. Its interior was neatly maintained too. I already told my wife that we're going to check out the place again some other time & I'm already eyeing on Summer for our next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in one of the condos at the Castle property. Room was actually better then I expected. Small living room area with coffee maker, microwave and fridge in addition to large bedroom. Comfortable bed and plenty of room and pillows. Only negative for me was that the pool and hot tub were quite a distance from our room which was at the top of the hill. You can use the towels and showers at the spa but it was a bit chilly to walk back after being wet. We got a sniqueaway deal so the value was good but I am not sure if I would feel that way at full price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavendish
0 mi away
Grafton Inn
Grafton Inn
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Castle Hill Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!