My Husband and I headed up to VT overnight on the motorcycle. I thought we'd just get a room when we got there since it was off-season. At the last minute he suggested we make reservations. I quickly jumped on the computer to see what was there. I saw the Castle Hill...We'd seen it before and wanted to check it out. I called the number ..not realizing I was calling The Pointe. So we get up there and when we realized where it was, we were debating about canceling and heading up into Ludlow to the Best Western. See, we stayed at this hotel years ago...but I believe it was a Clarion at the time and it was disgusting. But it looked like they did some work to it and it looked a little nicer...as did the room pictures on the computer. So we checked in. The front desk was not rude...but not overly friendly. She made some comment about expecting us earlier when she handed me the $25 off coupon for dinner. (I had told her we were about 1 1/2 hrs away...it was actually 2) and apparently dinner wasn't being served anywhere there at 9pm. So we checked out our room. It was very nice. Large king bed, flat screen TV...the room was clean. and the carpet looked new. I did my usual test. I walk around barefoot to see if my feet get black....NOPE! Only thing I noticed was in the morning I saw some hair in the drain of the shower...eeewww! We had dinner at the Pot belly...very good! and breakfast at the hatchery....very expensive, but a nice view of Okemo mtn. Overall, for a place to lay our head it was ok. the bed was comfy and the bedding was very pretty. the room kinda had an elegant look to it. And We've stayed in ALOT of hotels. Would I stay here again. hhmmm...maybe not....only because it''s about 3-4 miles away from Ludlow so you have to drive instead of being able to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish