The first impression is quite nice and the front desk staff was friendly and informative. I'm not sure about 3.5 stars, but it definitely merits three.
We usually reserve a king room but got a deal on a hotel website and ended up with a double queen, which actually worked out well. The extra bed became ideal space for easy access to all our luggage.
Everything seemed new and well maintained. The furnishings were early American and provided for cozy ambiance.
The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were half-size and far too soft.
The room darkening curtains facilitate sleeping in.
The hotel provides Aveda shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap, but there was no body lotion. I don't think I've ever stayed at a 3-star hotel that didn't provide skin lotion.
The bathroom is small - not much room for personal care items - and the tub is too narrow.
One of our key cards didn't work, and the other worked sometimes.
Another missing feature was a full length mirror - always noticeable when it's not there.
There was a mini-refridge, but no microwave.
We loved the Keurig coffee maker, but there was no Half & Half, so you either drink your coffee black, use fake powdered creamer, or make a trip to the lobby to find the real stuff.
I got up and closed the bathroom door at 6:00 a.m. when the shower in the adjacent room came on with a roar.
I could also hear hall noise as people were leaving in the morning. The rooms don't have good soundproofing.
At check-in, the front desk gave us two $25 coupons for the spa up the hill. A couple's massage is normally priced $250 so, had we used the coupons, it would have been $200.
We were also given a $25 coupon for the restaurant on the hill. Neither of us are enough of a "foodie" to spend a hundred fifty bucks eating a meal, minus discount.
We did check out the restaurant though, for grins. It seemed stuffy, pretentious. I wouldn't have enjoyed it at half price.
For what we paid, the room was a good value. I would have been dissatisfied had we paid full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish