I got a Groupon for this hotel, so we took a girls' trip up to the area. The hotel was easy to find and right off of the main road. The building struck us as more motelish than resorty. The lobby was big and had a sort of mountainy feel to it. The girls at the front desk were nice & friendly, but seemed a little disorganized at check in and check out. We had a suite and were told to park around back and use the side door, which was closer. Very confusing, as there were no outside signs directing and many doors. A property map would be very helpful, also because the restaurant, outdoor, pool, & spa were located up the hill at the Castle. The whole setup of this place was a little odd and didn't feel like a resort, but the suites were awesome and the amenities were nice...indoor & outdoor pool, spa, there's a little arcade/game room for the kids, etc.
The suite was really nice and plenty of room for 4 adults...full sized kitchen, stocked with supplies, fireplace, large bathroom including washer/dryer, Aveda products, jacuzzi tub, and luxurious Turkish Towel Co towels. We were an end unit, so very quiet. The bed was comfy and not only a queen size pullout sofa in the living room, but a twin pullout chair also! Plenty of storage between closets and drawers, although some kind of storage shelf in the bathroom would've been nice.
Amenities were great! The indoor pool was nice to have and enjoyed the jacuzzi. Everything was kept very clean and nice pool towels were provided at the front desk. We absolutely loved the outdoor pool! Such a tranquil, garden atmosphere. Definitely more of an adult vibe, which we loved! Can't say enough wonderful things about the spa. The girl I talked to at the desk was so nice, accommodating, and informative. Smaller spa, but had a nice changing room, sauna, and little relaxation/waiting area. Bottled water, robes, and slippers were provided. We all had great facials and massages. They also have a pretty nice looking workout room and carry the full Aveda line.
The hotel was convenient to Okemo Mountain and Ludlow. Definitely would be a great base camp for a ski trip, as there were nice amenities for après ski! They're also pet friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish