“College Visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Castleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Applewood Manor for one night while our son was visiting Castleton College. Great room, wonderful breakfast and a great hostess. Didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay a few days a week during my husband's busy tax season. We found more than we ever bargained for in the Applewood Manor. Nancy and Ralph made us feel at home from the first day we met them. The Manor is charming, comfortable and tranquil. Imaging sleeping in a soft comfortable bed, then being greeted for breakfast by the fireside, with soft music playing in the background, and a delicious fare of blueberry pancakes, sausage and fresh fruit. That's the Apple Wood Manor. For once we will be sad for tax season to end, well, at least I'll be. Looking forward to making this an annual tradition. Jim and Scout

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Peaceful and charming. Unbelievably hospitable innkeepers. We've stayed at Applewood three times already - its our first choice for our annual trips to Vermont, whether summer, fall or winter. We've loved the place so much that the last two times we stayed, we booked the entire house and made it a couples ski retreat with a bunch of our friends. I give Ralph and Nancy my highest recommendation...

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Applewood B&B in Castleton is the perfect getaway! It is just seconds from the college and "downtown" Castleton, as well as only minutes from Rutland and Killington. Our hostess, Nancy, was a dream come true. So kind, compassionate, accommodating, and just plain nice! We stayed in the HANNAH Room - a wonderful room with ensuite bathroom, king sized, canopied bed, wonderful furnishings and comfortable environment. The facilities were grand; the house was incredible.

Breakfast was incredible. Ralph stayed in the kitchen and prepared the most delicious blueberry pancakes. The coffee was fresh and hot and delicious.

We are looking forward to another visit very soon. KUDOS to Ralph and Nancy for being such wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Nancy and Ralph are wonderful. Breakfast was delicious and the house is absolutely beautiful. Afternoon tea made my day :) Would highly recommend Applewood Manor to anyone. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife and I stay at Applewood anytime we visit our son at Castleton State College. The location and the accomodations are five star!
We look forward to each and every visit!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at Applewood over Thanksgiving weekend to visit family. I am a retruning visitor - I love the place. The rooms are lovely, and so comfortable. I had aluxurious bathroom. The decor of the whole house is perfect in all the deatils The hosts Nancy and Ralph are most gracious, warm and hospitable. I was offered tea and chocolates in one of the two llovely sitting rooms. I have been there during the summer as well, and I think it is great in all seasons.

Room Tip: I have stayed in Noah's room which is loveley, is on the second floor and has a very large bathr...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 12 in Rutland
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area

Been to Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!