“Over priced for a college town”
Review of Birdseye Diner

Birdseye Diner
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vermont
“Over priced for a college town”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Unfortunatley, this dinner is over priced and overated. It could be great, but the owners take advantage of the small college town. Menu is fun to read, though it may be the best part of the place.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank mm22884

Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent Sweet Potato Fries”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My co-worker and I stopped for lunch on our way to a speaking engagement at Castleton State College. I ordered a chicken wrap and sweet potato fries. The wrap was average but the sweet potato fries were AMAZING! I eat sweet potato fries on a regular basis and these were some of the best I have had in a long time. The price was about average. I think it was $9.25 for the wrap and the fries. The atmosphere was comfortable, friendly and relaxed. I would most definitely stop back again.

Visited March 2012
Vermont
“Good lunch or dinner spot”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a typical diner, nothing more or less. We have eaten here a number of times for both lunch and dinner, and it has been consistantly good, The sandwiches and burgers are really good, and the dinner specials are varied and seem to be made from fresh ingredients, not frozen or packaged like some of the slick chains. i had a chcken breast special that I was actually surprised to find contained two real checken breasts,, and it was really good. There is a ridiculous assortment of fresh baked desserts available if you have room. the staff has always been friendly and quick every time we have been there. The kitchen does seem to get overwhelmed sometimes when there is a crowd, but that can happen anywhere.
Another reviewer said "diner says it all" and thats the truth. If you like plain simple diner food in a plain simple diner with a good variety on the menu, then this place will do the trick. We go at least once a month, and plan to continue

• Visited March 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Breakfast made us both ill. Pancakes not cooked.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I've been to the Birdseye a couple times. Once for lunch where I'd rate it as average and nothing special and the last time for breakfast. Unfortunately, the pancakes weren't cooked all the way and both my wife and I felt ill after eating there. We had high hopes for this place, which is why I gave it a second try but we won't be going back a third time.

Visited February 2012
Queensbury, New York
“Diner says it all”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I have been staying in Castleton a few nights a week this spring. This was our first visit to the Birdseye Diner. The name pretty much says it all, this is a diner, from the structure (think Arnold's from Happy Days but not as cool), to the wait staff, to the food. The chesseburger and fried chicken were okay but nothing special. The place could use a good cleaning. This is a good place to eat if you are a colledge student or if you are looking for a quick bite to eat. Their best meal might be their breakfast. I would put this on the bottom of the list of places to eat in Castleton.

• Visited March 2012