“Bird hunting trip at Jackson's Lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson's Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canaan
Jackson's Lodge
New York City, New York
“Bird hunting trip at Jackson's Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Jackson's lodge in October for a hunting camp for Grouse & Woodcock. Cabin was perfect - good working kitchen for game dinners, big enough bedrooms for everybody and their gear, and dog-friendly. The hospitality of Mark & Gloria couldn't be beat - the main lodge was great, and the stews & chili they put out for lunch was the ideal snack after a hard morning of hunting.
The birds were plentiful and land was easy to access. Lots of good early successional 2nd growth cover.

Room Tip: There are lots of cabins and all are different - talk to the owners about what specifics you need. B...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I just spent the weekend at Jackson's Lodge for a family wedding. The setting is peaceful and very clean. The owners truly take care in keeping up with the property and they are very accommodating and friendly. All of the cabins are unique and adorable. My family is already planning our next vacation there!

• Stayed October 2013
Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Jackson's lodge for our moose hunting honeymoon last October. (Yes, I said moose hunting and honeymoon in the same sentence!)... We had the time of our life at the best place in VT's only remaining true wilderness area. If you love the outdoors this place is for you! To make a long story short, we came back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in 'our' cabin. We decided that we would like to come back here every year as an anniversary tradition. ITS THAT AWESOME!!!! The cabins are the perfect private getaway. Rustic yet with all the amenities you need for complete comfort. Gloria and Mark are exceptional hosts and we felt like we were visiting old friends. Hard to find places like this these days that make you feel like a real person and not guest no. 1775938220. Go check it out for yourself! You will not regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
phila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hadn't been to Jackson's in a long time so we were super excited to return. My husband's
family had gone there in the late 60's and we brought our young family there 30 years
ago... It was everything we were looking for.. quiet, peaceful, beautiful scenery, lovely
accommodations and the best owners you will ever want to meet. Gloria and Mark were
great!! They made our stay extra special, even showing us a picture they had saved for
all these years from my husband's family vacations at the Lodge. In fact, we stayed in the
same cabin that we had 30 years ago.. Memories are made at Jackson's. The rooms are
very clean. The kitchen is wonderful, stocked with everything you need to cook all your
meals there in the cabin. Having said that though, don't forget to eat at the Cafe open on
the weekends, what a treat that was for us, a delicious country breakfast!!! The lake is
clean and very inviting, however, a little too cool while we were there. We wished we could
have stayed longer and listened to the loons calling every night in the mountains after the
sun went down. If you are looking for a place to get away from it all and enjoy the beautiful
stars in the clear sky at night, this is it. Thank you Gloria and Mark for a wonderful week
at Jackson's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nanaba
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm a recent college grad, and I went along with the family and some friends to Jackson Lodge in VT this past August- let's check it out I figured. Man, oh man, did I have an experience more than what I had expected. I mean, sure, I checked out reviews and read great things, and I really was excited, but when I got there, I realized something- the place is BETTER than the pictures, BETTER than the reviews can capture, which is truly a rare find.

Let me break it down. First of all, the cabin was spacious and very, very clean. The setup was convenient and functional, with a nice kitchen that we used for cooking everyday, and three good sized rooms. It really felt like a lakeside cabin (which is what it was), with woodsy material and all. We had a great view of the lake. OH THE LAKE. Just wait till I get to that.

The LAKE is BEAUTIFUL. I honestly, honestly felt, and remarked to my family multiple times, that we had the entire lake/lake front to ourselves. So many of the times, we would be the only ones out there, or there would be other families/kids, but it was such a COMMUNITY. Everyone enjoying themselves, peacefully. Plenty of space, nice sand, gorgeous water, phenomenal view of mountains surrounding the lake, volleyball net (played a lot of volleyball). And here's another best part: Kayaks!! There were kayaks and a rowboat as well, and it was so easy to use: get yourself a life vest and a paddle, and go on ahead. Just grab and go on an adventure. The water was pristine, and the mud in the lake is so super duper soft, yo, I wished I could have brought that mud home for mud baths. That's how soft it was. And I did yoga on the grass out by the lake every morning, with the wide, blue sky stretching over me, the lake and mountains yawning before me, and the breeze gliding through me. It was surreal.

The hosts. Are. Outstanding. They were always around, easy to find, and they gave us awesome tips on what to do, where to go, to have the best experience we could. When we were getting ready to go kayaking, Mark told us the best spots to visit around the lake (where different kinds of wildlife are), and Gloria not only answered all our questions with patience, but consistently ensured that we were all set. One of the days we were there, it was rainy, and the office manager opened up the piano in the lodge for me to play. It was so awesome! The lodge has a ping pong table, as well as the cafe, which has really really good breakfast food, a must check-out if/when you go.

Canada is literally, like, a 15 minute drive away, and while we were there there was even a moose festival in town. All in all, I truly enjoyed myself and was able to find peace while out in this lakeside wild; I was able to go on adventure everyday of a different kind, whether simply gazing out at the view, hanging out on the grassy land by the lake, hanging out in the lodge, reading outdoors, kayaking, swimming in the lake, or just waking up nice and early with the sun. I had such a wonderful time, and I would recommend this place without a moment's hesitation, especially if you enjoy adventures that fulfill the peace within you. Thanks Gloria and Mark, for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank S J
belmont, nh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Could absolutely not ask for anything more out of my experience. Incredible food, incredible people, incredible location. The staff was very accommodating and made me feel right at home, and being in such a serene location allowed to me to take to the time to relax that I seldom give myself. I've never gone out of my way to write a review for a place before, but had to spread the word on Jackson's Lodge. My only regret was that I only stayed for two nights. I'll be back anytime I make my way back up North. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laura Z
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family held our daughter's wedding at Jackson Lodge this past Labour Day weekend. It could not have been more perfect a setting. Gloria and Mark and Lu went far beyond their call of duty to make our four days there go by with every need met cheerfully. They have hospitality in their genes. With grace and genuine caring they took on our project and anticipated all our needs. We can't recommend them highly enough. The cabins and Lodge are extremely well cared for, clean, well appointed, and the grounds are a delight with plenty of space for all. The beach was sandy and very clean as well. The food at the cafe scrumptuous. We hope to have more occasions to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
#3 of 7 in Colebrook
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 7 in Colebrook

Been to Jackson's Lodge? Share your experiences!