Jackson's Lodge
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Motel Le Refuge(Lennoxville)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsping pongfood tourideal placetroutget awayfamily gatheringnorth countryback roadswedding weekendcoffee makertwo bedroom cabinthree nightskids and adultsgrocery storenew englandoutstanding breakfastlake view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here on a local honeymoon trip. The cabins are immaculate and are furnished with every little thing you could possibly want. Its in a peaceful setting and Wallace Pond is such an asset. Clean, crystal clean with a fantastic sandy beach. Bring your boat! Bring your dog! You wont regret it. We will be coming back here every year for a getaway. Its like a home away from home.

Room Tip: All cabins are good cabins.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had the best time! Peace and quiet surronds you. If you love the outdoors anything from water sports, fishing and hunting it is at your finger tips! The Jackson family made us dinner just to make everyone feel at home.

The cabins were as if we lived there not missing anything. Every detail was looked after!

The lodge is unreal like a Bing Crosby movie! Ask Gloria to give you a tour!!!!!

It is very hard to find places like this these days. You will remember your stay forever!

Room Tip: Bring a radio sometimes it is to quiet :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

To anybody considering visiting Vermont for the 1st or 100th time, I urge you to check out Jackson's Lodge in Canaan, Vt. Its on the Canadian(Quebec) Border, which has its advantages. I will mention those later. I have traveled all over this great country of ours and have been to many a hotel, inn, b&b, etc, and in New England this is by far one of the best hidden jewels, The picture behind me is of Lake Willoughby, Westmore, Vt. In New England it rivals the views you get at Mt Major, of Lake Winnipesaukee, I say rival but really I think far exceeds it. Westmore is 35-45 minutes drive from Canaan but sooo worth it. I will go one step further, I have been fortunate enough to hike in places such as: Glacier National Park, Montana, hikes in Yellowstone, many hikes in Yosemite, Zion, Bryce, and Arches to name a few, I am not saying that this hike is like those hikes, what I am saying is this, the 1.7 mile hike up Mt Pisgah that overlooks the lake can be challenging, but the feeling I got when I reached the spot you see me in, was the feeling I got when I climbed the a fore mentioned hikes. Only those who have hiked out west will understand. The openness or expansive view was a total surprise and that is way I rank it so high. Now 10-15 minutes from Wallace Pond(the pond Jackson's Lodge is located on ) are Averill and Mt Brousseau, these climbs are not as long or difficult but provide a good workout and views. Also the location of Jackson's Lodge puts you roughly a half hour from the world famous Balsams,and historic Island Pond, Vt. Earlier I mentioned why being on the Canadian border has it's advantages and here are a few:

A) no cell service, I hope I don't have to explain that advantage, but if you need to use your computer you can get a wireless connection.
B) because its on the Canadian border, you could, if you chose do some duty free shopping.
C) its secluded. ye,t rt 114 can get you to the above mentioned places easily.
C) Wildlife viewing. I spotted the juvenile bald eagle nesting very close almost daily, to the occasional moose sighting, to the very friendly ducks.The fisherman and his wife in the cabin next to us they had a few nice catches, and i'm sure a few fish tales when they got home. Also, it is said that anyone who has heard the lonely cry of a Loon, will never forget it, well I heard that beautiful cry daily. Loons, if you are not familiar with them are human shy, but there were four that I saw. My best viewing of them was at 630am kayaking in the fog.
D) the log cabins face west, overlooking, Wallace Pond why is this important? The sunsets were and shall remain memorable.

Before I end I need to mention the incredible breakfast we ate. I think my crepes were world class, but since I haven't been to Paris you'll have to try em yourself. Breakfast is served on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

As for the owner, Gloria, you could not ask for better host. I believe her father would be proud of how she has kept the rustic feel to the lakeside cabins. I am not trying to gain any brownie points. It is the truth. She, Mark and Deb make you feel like you are part of the Jackson Lodge family.
I write these comments with mixed emotions, why, because I want others to experience what we did, but I also hope when I call again to reserve a cabin, it is not already booked. If I worked for Triple A, Jackson's Lodge would get 5 stars.

Sincerely

Kevin a very satisfied customer

God Bless you Gloria

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed in a two-bedroom cottage at the Jackson's Lodge for four days this past summer. Gloria and Mark were the best hosts I have ever seen and from the very first moment we were treated like family. The property is huge and very well-maintained, the cottages are comfortable and spotlessly clean, and the lake is so peaceful. But the warmth and friendliness from the Jackson family is the best reason why we will go back there again and again.

We especially enjoyed the delicious Vermont country breakfasts on weekend mornings, the ready supplies for campfires always by the lakeside, the canoes and kayaks waiting for us whenever we wanted them and watching the hummingbirds fluttering around in flocks. My daughter enjoyed catching crayfish, going back and forth between our cottage and the lodge by herself (the whole property is so safe, and there is a great game-room in the lodge), and planting her very own little spruce tree on the grounds.

Mark and Gloria, if you are reading this, we are definitely coming back next year! :-)

Room Tip: Woodcock was a great cottage just by the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have been back and back since our first trip to Jackson's, and each time, had a wonderful and restful stay. Where else can one sleep on line dried sheets, and eat delicious homemade bread and raspberry pie? The beach is lovely, always kept clean. . . with even a place for a campfire, which we had one night while we were there. The kids--and there were lots, of all ages--organized games, swam, caught crayfish--and made good and lasting friends--now looking forward to NEXT year, and getting together again. We watched the cleaning crew prepare cabins for new visitors, and let me tell you: it was spotlessly clean when they finished. As others have noted, Gloria, the owner, is right there, and aims to please in any way possible. The breakfasts (sadly, only 3 days a week!) were wonderful, with homemade bread, jam, and this time, corned beef hash. If one is so inclined, the lodge has ping-pong, games, a piano, and books--great for rainy days for the kids. We are like the last reviewer, and have already booked our space for next summer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family