“I liked all the wines when usually you're lucky to like 1 or 2!”

Boyden Valley Winery
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: "Making Vermont Famous for Wine"Located in a restored 1875 carriage barn on our 4th generation family farm, the Boyden Valley Winery is steeped in the culture and agricultural heritage of Vermont's Green Mountains. From 8000 grapevines and 100 acres of maple trees we craft wines that feature only the finest locally grown fruit. The care with which we've nurtured the Boyden Farm for 100 years lends itself to traditional winemaking techniques, producing wines clean to the palate and balanced.We produce elegant, lively whites, and medium bodied reds full. Boyden Valley Winery is open year round and visitors are invited to come share our passion for making wine. Hours: Daily 10am - 6pm
West Islip, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I liked all the wines when usually you're lucky to like 1 or 2!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My friend brought me to this winery because we were looking for something fun to do on a weekend in VT. I have to say that I really liked all of the wines I tasted during the tastings...
For $6, you could try 7 wines and bring home one of their wine glasses. My very favorites were the Vermont Maple Reserve and the Rhubarb wine, but I liked them all. I got to try a few others as well because I tried some that my friend chose...for reds she liked the Barnyard Red and I liked the Riverbend Red. For Fruit Wines I liked the Maple, the Rhubarb and we both liked the Blueberry. We didnt get to try the Cranberry but we heard another saying they liked it. For Dessert Wines, we liked the Cassis (goes with chocolate), the Vermont Ice and The VT Ice Red, and lastly, I liked the VT Iced Cider.
Seriously, it must be the wines in this area because I have been going to wineries all over Long Island NY and Ithaca NY and usually will only enjoy 1 or 2 at most. This winery and one other called Vignoble Clos du roc Noir just over the border into Quebec both have the most delicious wines I've tasted in a long time!!!
They also offer a lunch that includes six cheeses, peppered salami, fruit, a truffle and some french bread for $20...you get to eat it out on the patio overlooking the countryside...worth the visit!

RI
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Delicious Wines, So-So Staff”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was thoroughly surprised by the quality of the wine produced here. I thought that six dollars for a seven wine tasting and a wine glass to take home was a good deal. I also bought several bottles to take home as gifts. However, the person doing the wine tasting was not so friendly or helpful, and preferred to quote a standard spiel rather that interacting with the customers. She was not very helpful, but I still enjoyed my visit.

Kendall Park, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“If this had been my first wine tasting, I'd never do another”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was my wine tasting from hell. Trying 7 average wines took forever. I was the forgotten man standing at the bar. A couple who came in after me was done before I was! The older woman couldn't handle the small crowd. The younger girl was better, but forgot about me, as well. Was there so long it threw my schedule off completely. According to a local paper, this winery replaced Shelburne Vineyard as best winery according to a "reader" poll. Must have been some ballot stuffing going on, because Shelburne's wines were far superior, and their 2 person staff knew what they were doing.

When viewing my Recommended Length of Visit below regard it with the sarcasm it was intended.

Visited August 2012
BoydenValleyWinery, Manager at Boyden Valley Winery, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your review on your experience at the winery. Although we hope that all reviews are positive, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know when you've had a poor experience as well so we have the opportunity to improve.
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time, but I would like to talk to you more about what day you came in as well as any additional feedback or information on other experiences you've had at wineries that you have enjoyed. Please contact me directly at info@boydenvalley.com; if you would prefer to talk over the phone, please e-mail me a good date, time, and phone number at which to reach you and I will be happy to give you a call.
Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

~Bridget Jones
Wine Room Manager and Event Coordinator
Saint Albans, Vermont
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Nice small winery”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We visited for the tour and a tasting. The tour was decent, but perhaps a bit crowded at some point as we worked our way through the shop floor. It was neat to see wine production done on a small scale but efficient enough to mass produce for stores. The history of the winery was a video production, not too much in keeping with the quaintness of the rest of the winery.

The shining star was the wine tasting which for $6 gave you tasting sample of delightful varieties varieties primarily of fruit, dessert, and ice wines. It's easy to buy a few bottles if not a case. Staff tour guide was charming in a down home VT kind of way. It was overall a very pleasant visit.

Visited July 2012
Saint Albans, Vermont
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Family Farm is #1”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The Boyden's have put the fun in diversification. Local wines, organic beef, music festivals, corn maze, and an event barn that will make any event special. Stop in and check 'em out.