“The ONLY maple farm to visit”

Goodrich's Maple Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Cabot
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had actually planned to visit a few maple farms but after visiting here we decided that anywhere else would never meet it's high standard. They advertise that they close at 5:00 p.m. And as we arrived at about 4:40 I fully expected us to be too late for a tour. But not at all - we were first shown a short film all about how maple syrup is made - and we knew nothing beforehand so it was great. We we then taken into the main area of the sugar house to join three other visitors for a talk from the owner Glenn. He must have greeted many visitors over the years but spoke to us as if we were he first ones ever there - he is obviously highly knowledgable about the whole process; passionate about the subject and very proud of their products (and so he should be)! Despite being well gone 5:00 he was still chatting away with us all and answering all our questions. We finally moved into their shop area and were given the chance to taste the different grades of syrup. If you have never tasted proper maple syrup from somewhere like this then you really need to. What sells as pancake syrup tastes nothing like it and even "real" maple syrup I have bought in the UK tastes nothing like it. I bought as much as I though I would be able to get back safely in my suitcase (of course it is quite heavy which limits overseas visitors). My husband had told Glenn that he works in forestry and after the other visitors left they carried on chatting and I eventually gave up and went and sat in the car as my shopping was getting heavy. It was well after 6:00 when my husband eventually came out.
It was one of the best visits we had on our trip and it was wonderful to have such a wonderful host. If you only visit one maple farm in Vermont make sure it is this one!

All reviews
"vt"
in 6 reviews
"boiled"

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stopped in on a rainy day (August 31, 2013) with my three children and we were greeted by Mr. Glen Goodrich himself. We were the only ones. He gave a lot of good info on maple syrup and had an engaging conversation with my son and daughter. He gave my daughter a free recipe booklet and had us sample the different grades of syrups. We left with two nice bottles of syrup. We will be heading back in the spring to see how they tap the trees for the sap. Mr. Goodrich was so welcoming. Though we were headed to another Maple farm, this stop was just enough and we were able to get our syrup.

Saundra

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

On a rainy day on our way through VT we stumbled across this place and realizing I hadn't bought any maple syrup on the trip made the free tour was only an added benefit. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The tour consists of a video, which reminded me and my wife of something we would have watched in highschool left over from the 70's. The tour was pretty cool though, there were a bunch of information and pictures displayed on the walls and the machine used to make maple syurp in the middle of the room. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgable and attractive which always makes learning more fun. The tour ended with a tasting and from there you can make your purchases. In all it was a fun stop with the kids and you cant beat a free tour.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited on a rainy Monday. Even though we were the only two people there, they were cordial and offered the full service tour and video. Knowledgable, informative and of course we bought souvenirs! Thanks.