“YAY CHEESE!”

Cabot Visitors Center & Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Cabot
More attraction details
Owner description: Location where Cabot cheese and other products are made.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“YAY CHEESE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This tour is surprisingly informative. Who knew there was so much that went in to cheese? Our tour guide was very knowledgable and seemed very enthusiastic about her job. There are free cheese samples, and free pins or bracelets with the tour. The shop carries specialty cheeses that aren't normally available in grocery stores.

Visited July 2014

Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice store, tour a bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Cabot store was nice, there were a lot of cheese selections to buy and other merchandise. There were also a lot of samples of cheese to try. The tour started ok with an informative video of the cheese making process. However, after we entered the factory, we got to see cheese being made but it was very noisy which wouldn't have been a problem if the tour guide had some sort of microphone but she did not and it was very hard to hear. There were also a few rude people on the tour who stood in front of and blocked the viewing windows for most of the tour and it was hard for us to see well. This place is worth coming to if you are in the area for the samples but if you take the tour, make sure to stay up front close to the tour guide.

1 Thank jmc897
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great look into cheese making”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

If you are in the area, another great local story and tour. Starts with great samples of all their products and then a detailed tour of the process. Glad we went!

1 Thank tjmc1977
Columbia, MD
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“How It's Made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I thought this little tour was excellent. It's only $2 and you get a lot of cheese samples while waiting for the tour and then a 30 minute history/tour of the company. I was in Vermont recently and unfortunately it rained the days I was there so we didn't get to do a lot of outdoor activities planned. So we looked up some of the companies in Vermont and found quite a few companies that were started in the state, Cabot being one of them, and decided to go. It was great, I felt like I was watching the TV show "How It's Made" in person. The staff was very knowledgeable. It was neat to see them make the cheese and learn about the company. I would definitely recommend this if you are sight-seeing in the area. If it hadn't rained, we never would have thought to search places to visit in the area. We are glad we got to go here.

2 Thank TaraDavidColumbia_MD
Macungie, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Samples, Don't Go Out of Your Way!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Definitely go on a weekday if you want to see actual cheese being made. The video was way longer than the actual tour. We did learn a lot and coming from a farm family it is interesting to learn about a functioning a cooperative. The video was not geared for children though and the tour was crazy short. We had rude people in our tour who jumped in front of our kids in the windows so they couldn't see anything. Because of this we tried to hang to the rear and watch as we moved on to the next area of about 4 or 5. The samples were fantastic and unlimited. Our 2 year old loved the popcorn sprinkle, 4 year old the farmhouse select, and my husband the tuscan. The cheeses were fantastic and because of how the coop works I am definitely going to be buying Cabot Cheese from now on and supporting farmers. No complaints on the prices. I thought the cheese was very reasonable. I think I paid $4 for a lb. of Seriously Sharp Cheddar and $3.89 for a 1/2 lb of Farmhouse Select Cheddar. We drove an hour for this next time I would just hit up the Annex store.

1 Thank Laura S