“Good food pleasant experience.”
Review of Blue Cat Cafe

Blue Cat Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Cat Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 243 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This small quaint restaurant may be hard to find but worth searching it out. It's a quiet location as opposed to the side walk restaurants of a Church St. I enjoyed the good portion of salmon. Very good service and a good wine list.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Highly recommended by a friend. We went for an early dinner. Place quite dark and we were seated at a table with 'marginally' more light, except, seats were so soft that one couldn't adjust to get comfortable. Ok they put us at the bar. It was very dimly lit and the answer was to put the menu/wine list under the bar where it was lighter. Fine if being able to read the menu with small print was doable! We ordered. There were 3 parties including us at this time. Our wait staff was very interested in talking to customers and had to be reminded food was out waiting to be given to customer. Our food was then put out on a table and she again was reminded food was out on this counter (no heat lamp) but was more interested in giving wine samples to another table.
Food was excellent. However these little incidents and somewhat lacking service were annoying. We got the check and again it was too dark to read it asking for a flash light produced a flashlight that was hardly functioning - ugh. When I remarked that it would be nicer if there was a 'little' more light - the flip answer was
"Well we like it dark and romantic". Up til then we might have considered returning to give it another chance. Now we definitely would not think of it. It was too pricey to risk another chance with some many good restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Definitely make a reservation, and if it's winter, ask that it not be by the door. I was a little put off by the waitress who seemed insulted that we didn't have a reservation!

the steak was excellent. The options seemed a bit too limited for my preferences when it came to sides and cuts of meat.

I enjoyed it, it would be a perfect romantic date setting. I'll go back and hope for more options next time.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Really great atmosphere, food and service - it is small (read that as intimate) but they know how to seat and treat you - extensive wine list - top notch Angus steaks and fresh seafood - local produce - owners always on site for discussions - my first visit and it made it to the top of my list of restaurants in Burlington - would go back anytime I needed a special time with a special friend.

1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were welcomed at the Blue Cat for a late meal last fall. It was the wonderful antithesis of the noisy and rude Leunigs- the atmosphere was quite and chill. The server was so attentive and nice. And to top it off, we had the most delicious steaks! I totally recommend this wonderful, small restaurant for a romantic night out.